Register Now
harleyqbx

What's the absolute worst game you've ever played?

14 minutes ago, runswithspatulas said:

pong on the atari

Pong

I can see some seeing pong as a boring game in some regards, but is it really the worst thing you've played? I understand why people wouldn't like it, but I figure even the Atari version of pong plays fine enough. I imagine it'd be a lot better on an arcade machine though. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's probably just a case of an arcade game moving to consoles being a bad idea. If they don't change anything, then of course it's going to be short. Arcade games to my knowledge are usually made tough so you have to keep spending quarters. So my guess is that the game is a lot shorter than a traditional game, because it wasn't meant to be played on console where you can constantly re-play it. 

Is it a port of an actual arcade game? Because if so, it would make sense as to why it's shorter. 

There was an arcade unit but only in japan.  I'm not really harping on the game for being short because, like you said, it's in the same ball park in terms of game time as Time Crisis or House of the Dead. I'm harping on it for being shit!

for the sake of perspective I'm going to tell a little story.  I always remember as a kid I was at a holiday park that had an arcade area and in there was as a machine for Time Crisis 2.  I was playing it with one of my brothers and we were doing pretty well.  We'd gotten to maybe half way through where we, inevitably, started to run out of lives and continues.  It wasn't often you see people get this far and by this point a small crowd had gathered around the machine,  I figured it was just some people waiting in line but then, without us asking, some of them actually started to put in money out of their own pocket so we could keep playing!  Thanks to the contributions from our unexpected sponsors we ended up beating the game.  So why did these people pay for someone else to play an arcade machine?  It wasn't because of us, it was because they wanted to see the rest of the game, to know what happens.  I know this because later in the week I saw the same thing happen several times.  That's the mark of great when you can get people even for a short while, that invested in it.

Now @Kane99, I don't really know what the arcade version of Resident Bitch Code 2 Balls X (I can't be bothered to remember the title anymore) was like but I'm going to a wild guess that it didn't get the reaction that I observed with Time Crisis 2.  I mean if you were in an arcade and you watched some play Code Veronica's Zombie Lap dance would you pay to see level 4?  Almost certainly not.  If the arcade was even half decent money maker they'd have surely released it outside Japan.  So fuck Capcom's President's Lively Wasteland Survival Guide, both versions, Hard copy and Paperback!

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I can see some seeing pong as a boring game in some regards, but is it really the worst thing you've played? I understand why people wouldn't like it, but I figure even the Atari version of pong plays fine enough. I imagine it'd be a lot better on an arcade machine though. 

i wouldn't have posted it as being the worst game i ever played if it wasn't.

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

5 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

Well it's Pong....  I don't think I'd have much more to say about it.

On 8/28/2022 at 8:26 PM, Kane99 said:

What kind of phone do you have? Is it possible your phone can't play the game or it's not supported on your phone. I know my phone won't play most games probably. Some won't work great on different os types as well. 

Smartphone is already a downgrade platform for games on it own even before you add how poor some of the games on it are designed. They are never going to be any better in terms of gameplay or character's design , graphics etc. 

16 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

There was an arcade unit but only in japan.  I'm not really harping on the game for being short because, like you said, it's in the same ball park in terms of game time as Time Crisis or House of the Dead. I'm harping on it for being shit!

for the sake of perspective I'm going to tell a little story.  I always remember as a kid I was at a holiday park that had an arcade area and in there was as a machine for Time Crisis 2.  I was playing it with one of my brothers and we were doing pretty well.  We'd gotten to maybe half way through where we, inevitably, started to run out of lives and continues.  It wasn't often you see people get this far and by this point a small crowd had gathered around the machine,  I figured it was just some people waiting in line but then, without us asking, some of them actually started to put in money out of their own pocket so we could keep playing!  Thanks to the contributions from our unexpected sponsors we ended up beating the game.  So why did these people pay for someone else to play an arcade machine?  It wasn't because of us, it was because they wanted to see the rest of the game, to know what happens.  I know this because later in the week I saw the same thing happen several times.  That's the mark of great when you can get people even for a short while, that invested in it.

Now @Kane99, I don't really know what the arcade version of Resident Bitch Code 2 Balls X (I can't be bothered to remember the title anymore) was like but I'm going to a wild guess that it didn't get the reaction that I observed with Time Crisis 2.  I mean if you were in an arcade and you watched some play Code Veronica's Zombie Lap dance would you pay to see level 4?  Almost certainly not.  If the arcade was even half decent money maker they'd have surely released it outside Japan.  So fuck Capcom's President's Lively Wasteland Survival Guide, both versions, Hard copy and Paperback!

That's fair. I never played that RE game myself, I just figured it was maybe due it being an Arcade port that was short. But it sounds like it's just a bad game in general. 

8 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

Fair, but I feel like with Pong it's too simple to be the worst. But if it's the worst you've played I get ya. I just figured there's a lot worse out there that are actually broken games. To me, Pong is a simple game but works for what it is. Then again I never played the Atari version, so it could be awful compared to the original game. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Smartphone is already a downgrade platform for games on it own even before you add how poor some of the games on it are designed. They are never going to be any better in terms of gameplay or character's design , graphics etc. 

There are phones made for gaming. I believe Razer makes their own smartphone that's geared towards gaming, and I think there is another brand that makes gaming phones, but I'm forgetting who they are. 

Most mobile games I've played were bad, but that's like saying water is wet. On other platforms, there were games where I didn't enjoy myself but they weren't bad games, especially in terms of simulation sandbox games like The Sims or Planet Zoo. I think the ones I could describe as "bad" in recent memory is Shin Megami Tensei V and Soul Hackers (the first one on the 3DS). The story was pretty boring for both games, and I just found them forgettable.

11 minutes ago, runswithspatulas said:

i like the sims games.

I tried to get into them, but I always ended up getting bored after taking care of the Sims' career and family for a few hours. The mundane routine of their mundane lives just didn't really grab me. lol

It's a shame though, because I tried more than a few times to have fun with the games, including Sims 2-4, but all my effort just ended up with boredom.

EVE. Being a terrible human being is built into the game as profitable. Slaughtering young players is a viable way to earn money and it hurts the new players too since the ship and equipment are all lost. Basically encourages toxic behavior

13 hours ago, Akun said:

I tried to get into them, but I always ended up getting bored after taking care of the Sims' career and family for a few hours. The mundane routine of their mundane lives just didn't really grab me. lol

It's a shame though, because I tried more than a few times to have fun with the games, including Sims 2-4, but all my effort just ended up with boredom.

Some video games doesn't just click with you no matter what you do or how many times that you try to force play it. 

It's happened to me with quite a few number of games and I knew right away that there's no point in try to push it. 

On 9/1/2022 at 7:20 AM, Gabrin Cold said:

I didn't find any worst game till now.🙃

The only logical conclusion here would be that you haven't played enough video games 😂

There are tons of worst games out there. EA with their FIFA games is a typical example. 

Edited by Heatman