Register Now
Kane99

Embracer Group completes acquisition of Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal, and Square Enix Montreal and more

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - I think we did discuss this in another thread if I remember correctly. Square Enix like a lot of other formerly great developers have chosen greed over satisfying their core audience and a decision that will soon come back to haunt them.

I fell in love deeply with Square Enix for the work they did with their Final Fantasy franchise. They knew that also very well with how they paid more effort in developing Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Even with all the crap they have been doing of late, they still managed to get that one right. It begs the question if they were doing all that on purpose with their other games? 

I just realized something. But Hitman isn't part of this deal. For some reason I forgot that Eidos is no longer involved with IO Interactive, which is the team currently in control of the Hitman series. So I'm kinda thankful for that. I forgot they peaced out from Eidos and Square Enix. 

On 8/31/2022 at 5:07 PM, Heatman said:

I fell in love deeply with Square Enix for the work they did with their Final Fantasy franchise. They knew that also very well with how they paid more effort in developing Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Even with all the crap they have been doing of late, they still managed to get that one right. It begs the question if they were doing all that on purpose with their other games? 

Same - the Final Fantasy franchise is what drew me to Square Enix but they've been slipping up for a good while now.