Register Now
Kane99

Anti-Piracy Software Denuvo Announced for Switch

On 8/29/2022 at 1:57 PM, Gonassis said:

yeah enterprise licenses are a bit hard to work with. šŸ˜…

also, according to what I read from how to geek's article below, about Denuvo being cracked in 24 hours, that happens most of the time, but the longest before a game was cracked was 99 days for Assassin's Creed origins. šŸ‘‡

šŸ”µ What Is Denuvo, and Why Do Gamers Hate It?

i will say this after reading that...if they bring this to the switch and it screws up my game play i will probably consider quitting gaming. i'm not forkin out all this money just to have games crashing or not be fast enough to play.

17 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

You're right I never had it. How does it affect the gaming experience?

1. Frame rate drops
  2. Ā Longer loading times

Both which causes lots of stuttering and frustrates you the gamer.

@GonassisĀ even has a post about it I just saw. When developers are bashing it as well, you know that it's pretty bad.

Ā 

28 minutes ago, killamch89 said:
  1. Frame rate drops
  2. Ā Longer loading times

Both which causes lots of stuttering and frustrates you the gamer.

@GonassisĀ even has a post about it I just saw. When developers are bashing it as well, you know that it's pretty bad.

Ā 

@runswithspatulas

Ā 

On PC, a game with Denovo DRM increases the recourse requirements of a game through hogging the RAM on your system, reducing the frame rate buy a significant amount. A game that would run at around 60 fps, could run at an unstable 40 fps because of how Denovo install's in the background on your system and runs on your hardware. I've played games on Gamepass and Ubisoft+ on PC, and the check ones connection to the premium service every time you decide to play a game, but once you pass that check, the game runs fine. Denovo is different because hat DRM hurts innocent gamers.

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

Ā 

Ā 

@runswithspatulas

Ā 

On PC, a game with Denovo DRM increases the recourse requirements of a game through hogging the RAM on your system, reducing the frame rate buy a significant amount. A game that would run at around 60 fps, could run at an unstable 40 fps because of how Denovo install's in the background on your system and runs on your hardware. I've played games on Gamepass and Ubisoft+ on PC, and the check ones connection to the premium service every time you decide to play a game, but once you pass that check, the game runs fine. Denovo is different because hat DRM hurts innocent gamers.

premium service meaning the fastest internet they have?