Register Now
The Blackangel

Who else doesn't watch TV?

We used to watch TV all the time. But these days all we have interest in is streaming (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.) and YouTube. My time is taken up mostly by YouTube if I'm watching anything at all. We also have an over abundance of DVD's. So we cancelled our DirecTV service and just stream these days.

And to be completely honest, I don't miss it.

On 8/30/2022 at 6:13 PM, The Blackangel said:

We used to watch TV all the time. But these days all we have interest in is streaming (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.) and YouTube. My time is taken up mostly by YouTube if I'm watching anything at all. We also have an over abundance of DVD's. So we cancelled our DirecTV service and just stream these days.

I quit watching tv years ago. I was tired of paying a cable bill for crap I was turning off. I have Hulu+LiveTV with ads but I can choose my content. I like it better and it's only $77 something a month. There's nothing of interest on tv for me anymore. Especially all that reality crap. I get enough of that IRL.

1 minute ago, runswithspatulas said:

I quit watching tv years ago. I was tired of paying a cable bill for crap I was turning off. I have Hulu+LiveTV with ads but I can choose my content. I like it better and it's only $77 something a month. There's nothing of interest on tv for me anymore. Especially all that reality crap. I get enough of that IRL.

Agreed and to top it all off - my cable bill used to cost way more and I still couldn't watch certain channels without paying extra...

On 8/30/2022 at 7:13 PM, The Blackangel said:

I still do. For a while there, I really got hung up on YouTube videos, watching them on TV but it's still YouTube.

Now, I tape episodes of Will & Grace ever since I found it again on Logo. And I have access to old episodes of La Femme Nikita 😎 (GREAT show!) which I can watch any time. For free. 🙂

I still watch my TV from time to time. I have my DSTV subscription on yearly renewal always because it's where I watch all my football matches especially English Premier League. I do stream most of my movies on my Netflix but I still watch a few movies on my DSTV subscription. 

I've always watched a lot of tv shows and movies, and I often connect with people over it. Not just dates but friends too. It probably won't work if a potential partner doesn't watch anything at all, I imagine we would quickly run out of things to talk about. Also I would like a partner to watch tv shows/movies with me. It's annoying when you want to watch something but the other person wants to do something else instead...

It's not a deal breaker, but we would have to have something else in common. But I guess my ideal partner would also be into tv shows and movies

19 hours ago, Empire said:

It's annoying when you want to watch something but the other person wants to do something else instead...

It's not a deal breaker, but we would have to have something else in common. But I guess my ideal partner would also be into tv shows and movies

This is why I have a TV in my personal work room because of this issue of wanting to watch a particular show and it's not what another feels like watching. This happens all the time, it's frustrating just like you said but I have my way around it 😊