Register Now
Yaramaki

What Gaming subscriptions do you have and are you satisfied with them?

What gaming subscriptions do you currently pay for?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What gaming subscriptions do you currently pay for?

• Xbox Gamepass
    • Xbox live
    • Playstation Plus
    • Playstation Now
    • Nintendo Switch online
    • Others
    • None of the above

Does anyone see a point in Xbox Live anymore? I mean it still offers free games each month, but I don't feel it's needed anymore when Gamepass gets you Xbox live. The only point to get Xbox live now is just the free to play games and maybe playing some games online. But like with gamepass, you can do all that through that. 

I know i've said it before, but at this point, they should just drop xbox live and focus on gamepass going forward. Make gaming online free for all. Because I know Gamepass is more than enough for Xbox right now. 

23 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Does anyone see a point in Xbox Live anymore? I mean it still offers free games each month, but I don't feel it's needed anymore when Gamepass gets you Xbox live. The only point to get Xbox live now is just the free to play games and maybe playing some games online. But like with gamepass, you can do all that through that. 

I know i've said it before, but at this point, they should just drop xbox live and focus on gamepass going forward. Make gaming online free for all. Because I know Gamepass is more than enough for Xbox right now. 

Maybe those who are still subscribing to Xbox Live Services doesn't know that Gamepass gives them all that which they are looking for in Xbox Live. It's the only logical conclusion that I can think of that would still make them use it. 

On 9/9/2022 at 9:16 PM, Kane99 said:

I disagree with that statement Kane, you should give people as much options as possible and not force gamepass on everyone. There are people who only buy one or two games a year mostly insert your favourite sportfranchise here and maybe a cod or whatever big game comes out that year. I don't think those people want gamepass and it would just be an extra cost for them for a service they don't need or want at all.

What about the people who only game a few hours a week, i doubt they would get any value out of subscribing to gamepass.

Then there are people like me who just prefer their games in physical format, why would you force gamepass on a person like me, it's only going to annoy me that i'm forced to pay for what is nothing more then a glorified rental service as a videogame collector it's against everithing i stand for. Yeah i know gamepass is a good deal and all but it's nothing i'm interested in at the moment. I've always been loyal to the xbox brand even since day one and it has always been my platform of choice ever since but if they would start forcing this all digital shit on me. I'm afraid i'm going to be forced jump ship to nintendo or a while a last resort sony as platforms of choice.

People should have options and be able to choose as that what suits them best as it's the best possible way to keep everyone happy. 

None of the above and none whatsoever.

I think subscriptions are a trap, to make you keep paying whether you want to buy new games or not.

It is also a bad influence, as it forces you to play games "so the subscription is not wasted" And that's a big problem. I don't want to play games because of some outside financial pressure, I want to play games for fun when I feel like it. This is dangerously close to play to earn.

18 hours ago, m76 said:

None of the above and none whatsoever.

I think subscriptions are a trap, to make you keep paying whether you want to buy new games or not.

It is also a bad influence, as it forces you to play games "so the subscription is not wasted" And that's a big problem. I don't want to play games because of some outside financial pressure, I want to play games for fun when I feel like it. This is dangerously close to play to earn.

You're right about those subscriptions being a kind of trap but it's a trap that you have the 100% decision to choose either to be in it or not. 

It's the only good side of it that I have come to appreciate. 

I purchase Xbox Game Pass Ultimate which gives me access to Game Pass and Xbox Live all in one bundle for a fee a month and so far, I have been very happy with the service I get from that. There is a huge number of games to choose from in the Game Pass section and being able to have online thrown into it as well it just a bargain. I am however awaiting the Xbox Live Family option which I understand is coming in November from what I have read. I have 5 people in the house who play Xbox and it can get quite costly having to purchase them Ultimate each month or even at 3 months or a year. From what I am seeing the Family Subscription will be around £80 for me in the UK if not a little more and for 5 of us, that is not a bad price at all and would definitely help.

On 10/29/2022 at 1:07 AM, Shortie said:

I am however awaiting the Xbox Live Family option which I understand is coming in November from what I have read. I have 5 people in the house who play Xbox and it can get quite costly having to purchase them Ultimate each month or even at 3 months or a year. From what I am seeing the Family Subscription will be around £80 for me in the UK if not a little more and for 5 of us, that is not a bad price at all and would definitely help.

The Xbox family subscription is  a lot more economical and since I would be having a full house soon with my siblings moving in with me I would just wait for the family subscription since everyone is into video games just like me.