Register Now
StaceyPowers

In what games are NPCs most friendly?

Final Fantasy XII. The NPCs in this game are amazing and reveal so much information and lore about the city and stories. There's one character who you can interact with throughout the story and depending on your responses, you get different prizes towards the end. I'm biased when it comes to this game, but a true complete play is hard to do. You'll always find something new to do or something to tweak (can be good or bad, depending on your perspective).

I don't how anyone else who's played Animal Crossing would feel about the NPC Nook in the game. Personally, I see Nook to be perfectly nice and friendly. 

Also, Navirou in Monster Hunter Stories 2 : Wings Of Ruin is another good example. 

I agree with animal crossing especially the last game in the series where the npc's seems to be encouraging everithing you do, haven't played too much of New horizons myself as i try to have a social life of some sort.

Pretty much any Harvest moon and or story of seasons games would be a good candidate for this thread they even get more friendlier the further you progress in the game, same with my time at portia most npc's seem to be too nice for your own good especially once you've done a mission for them.

The later dragon quest games are also worth a mention since you can just enter npc's their home and search for loot and ransacking their place as they don't seem to care at all.

I think the fable series is deserves a shoutout too since you can pretty much befriend any npc in the entire game.

You could pretty much start listing any nintendo game here aswell, since i've not seen a rude npc in either pokemon or legend of zelda series as most npc's are there either to give you a hint or tip or they just want to give you a side mission.

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think most games have friendly NPCs until you agro them by attacking or shooting them. I'd even say GTA has NPCs who are friendly until you bother them. But if you want something that's more friendly, maybe most kids games, Skyrim is pretty good with the NPCs, and maybe the Sims as well. 

Lol skyrim has some of most non friendly npc's in any game i've played, wheter it's because of a bug or not some npc's will attack you out of nowhere for no reason at all or maybe i did steal something from them by accident i don't know, it's good for a laugh tough when they chase you all the way trough the world only for you to end up at a bandit or giant camp and getting them killed in the process 😂

Makes me think off that incest couple in rdr 2 where if you spared the big fat dude, he would chase you all over the entire map and if you had patience enough he could be attacked and killed by a wild animal.

2 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Lol skyrim has some of most non friendly npc's in any game i've played, wheter it's because of a bug or not some npc's will attack you out of nowhere for no reason at all or maybe i did steal something from them by accident i don't know, it's good for a laugh tough when they chase you all the way trough the world only for you to end up at a bandit or giant camp and getting them killed in the process 😂

Makes me think off that incest couple in rdr 2 where if you spared the big fat dude, he would chase you all over the entire map and if you had patience enough he could be attacked and killed by a wild animal.

Fair, so maybe not Skyrim. 

1 hour ago, Gonassis said:

Would playing Minecraft in "peaceful" settings count as the most friendly NPC's? 😅
because basically all the non-hostile mobs like animals and villagers are verrrrry friendly. 😋 haha.

I believe so. You should only see villagers in peaceful mode. I don't remember if enemies appear. They may appear but won't attack. But may attack when hit. 

Especially under creative mode. I don't even think enemies appear in creative. But villagers do I believe.

23 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think most games have friendly NPCs until you agro them by attacking or shooting them. I'd even say GTA has NPCs who are friendly until you bother them. But if you want something that's more friendly, maybe most kids games, Skyrim is pretty good with the NPCs, and maybe the Sims as well. 

ummm...GTA npcs can be aggressive for no reason at all - just look how they run you over when trying to cross the road.

On 9/4/2022 at 3:10 AM, Yaramaki said:

I agree with animal crossing especially the last game in the series where the npc's seems to be encouraging everithing you do, haven't played too much of New horizons myself as i try to have a social life of some sort.

Pretty much any Harvest moon and or story of seasons games would be a good candidate for this thread they even get more friendlier the further you progress in the game, same with my time at portia most npc's seem to be too nice for your own good especially once you've done a mission for them.

The later dragon quest games are also worth a mention since you can just enter npc's their home and search for loot and ransacking their place as they don't seem to care at all.

I think the fable series is deserves a shoutout too since you can pretty much befriend any npc in the entire game.

You could pretty much start listing any nintendo game here aswell, since i've not seen a rude npc in either pokemon or legend of zelda series as most npc's are there either to give you a hint or tip or they just want to give you a side mission.

These are all good shouts - I haven't played Fable in quite some time so it didn't cross my mind and Pokemon has a lot of friendly people outside of the antagonists like Team Rocket and even they can be somewhat friendly.

On 9/4/2022 at 10:40 PM, Kane99 said:

You're right about how good friendly NPCs are in The Sims. Animal Crossing : New Horizons have the same thing. Another game that's got good NPCs that are friendly would also be Mass Effect. 

On 9/5/2022 at 5:24 PM, killamch89 said:

ummm...GTA npcs can be aggressive for no reason at all - just look how they run you over when trying to cross the road.

These are all good shouts - I haven't played Fable in quite some time so it didn't cross my mind and Pokemon has a lot of friendly people outside of the antagonists like Team Rocket and even they can be somewhat friendly.

Yeah, but for the most part they don't attack until you provoke them. Older games it was different because the AI was often unpredictable at times, but newer GTAs they will pretty much keep to themselves until you attack them or bother them. I think you could say the same for pretty much every other game out there. Most NPCs won't attack unless they're attacked first. Unless the character is meant to attack no matter what. 

And that's more to do with the coding for their driving. Because let's face it, GTA npcs aren't the greatest when following road rules. Just look at when you use a taxi in most of the GTA games. And to be fair, none of us players are following the rules of the road when playing GTA, so that could be a reason npcs hit us more often. 

23 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, but for the most part they don't attack until you provoke them. Older games it was different because the AI was often unpredictable at times, but newer GTAs they will pretty much keep to themselves until you attack them or bother them. I think you could say the same for pretty much every other game out there. Most NPCs won't attack unless they're attacked first. Unless the character is meant to attack no matter what. 

And that's more to do with the coding for their driving. Because let's face it, GTA npcs aren't the greatest when following road rules. Just look at when you use a taxi in most of the GTA games. And to be fair, none of us players are following the rules of the road when playing GTA, so that could be a reason npcs hit us more often. 

A friend of mine was of the opinion that with the way Rockstar had the NPC act in recent GTA games, they seems to be a little more boring than the usual. According to him, with the way NPCs just minding their business takes away suspense in the game when you're playing. 

On 9/3/2022 at 5:35 PM, Heatman said:

I don't how anyone else who's played Animal Crossing would feel about the NPC Nook in the game. Personally, I see Nook to be perfectly nice and friendly. 

Also, Navirou in Monster Hunter Stories 2 : Wings Of Ruin is another good example. 

Im agree with Animal Crossing, it gives me chill vibes everytime i play this.