Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you game at night, do you use blue light filters?

Nope, Mostly when gaming at night I always ahve my bedroom light on and other lights facing my face. I stream and see I need lights regards the camrea picking it up 🙂 I do not use filters and in fact that I have to wear glasses. 

On 9/3/2022 at 5:19 AM, Heatman said:

When it comes to how my gaming goes at night, I don't use any filters. I have never seen its impacts ever since I have used it in the past, so it's completely dumped. 

I never really got the idea behind blue light filters because most of the people I knew who used it, they said it was ineffective and I also found it ineffective. What you're doing at night is more likely to keep you awake and no light filter can change that.

Well since I am a Vampire, I use Blue Light to illuminate the room because natural light burns my skin.  I have other choices of course like red, green and everything in between but I just think blue is cool, calm and emphasises my lack of hue.  In blue I can easily hide because in that light everyone looks like a corpse!

Edited by Crazycrab

On 9/5/2022 at 11:21 PM, Crazycrab said:

Well since I am a Vampire, I use Blue Light to illuminate the room because natural light burns my skin.  I have other choices of course like red, green and everything in between but I just think blue is cool, calm and emphasises my lack of hue.  In blue I can easily hide because in that light everyone looks like a corpse!

I'm getting my stake soon as we have a vampire 🧛‍♂️ in VGR 😂.. 

You don't even need any lights at all cos I heard vampires sees clearly in the night 😂. I'm just kidding!! 

I have it set on my PC and Laptop to use the blue light filter after a certain time, usually around 6:30pm est or when the sun goes down. For Windows it's simply called "Night Light", for Linux or Ubuntu, I'm not sure. It may just be a blue light blocker. It's a really good idea to use these filters at night, because prolonged viewing of a standard PC at night, can do some damage to the eyes. Another option you could take is to buy those blue light blocking glasses. There are a ton of them on Amazon and I think some of the big name gaming glasses feature blue light blocking as well. 

But yeah, I really like having the option, because when I do, it tints my screen a yellow color. It takes some getting used to, but it really helps at night. 

On 9/1/2022 at 3:52 AM, StaceyPowers said:

If you game at night, do you use blue light filters? I don't. It doesn't seem to keep me awake, and I prefer true colors for gaming.  

This is exactly my same reasoning lol. 🤣

though I use the orange night filter settings when browsing walls of text on the internet at night,
but if I'm gaming? well... I'd rather not. but if I had to, I'd rather buy those yellow Esport glasses. 😎

12 minutes ago, Gonassis said:

though I use the orange night filter settings when browsing walls of text on the internet at night,
but if I'm gaming? well... I'd rather not. but if I had to, I'd rather buy those yellow Esport glasses. 😎

Same here. I have a permanent blue filter on my laptop for my migraines. But they usually back off at night when I game. If they don't, I just play something that doesn't involve being outdoors in-game in daylight.

33 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Same here. I have a permanent blue filter on my laptop for my migraines. But they usually back off at night when I game. If they don't, I just play something that doesn't involve being outdoors in-game in daylight.

Weird, this oddly reminds me of tinnitus, the way you describe it. 😅

also, does that mean you play as an in game vampire? 😁 Just kidding.

37 minutes ago, Gonassis said:

Weird, this oddly reminds me of tinnitus, the way you describe it. 😅

also, does that mean you play as an in game vampire? 😁 Just kidding.

That worked out well in Skyrim, actually. But don't get me started about the time I caught vampirism in Oblivion. It nearly ruined the game for me. 

22 hours ago, Gonassis said:

Any other colours ruins the games for me. It makes it look like a foreign variable is been added to the game which was never there initially.