Register Now
Kane99

Microsoft Accidentally Sends Xbox Gamer Two Series X Consoles

Well what a lucky guy. This person ordered a Series X and got an extra by mistake when it arrived. Honestly wish I was so lucky haha. I can't afford a series X though, so send it to me. 😄

But seriously, I wonder what this guy did with the console. I could see him selling one, or returning one for cash back. I would trade it in for a PS5 somehow. What would you do?

We have multiples of several consoles. The reason is due to how many TV's and different rooms we have. For example I have a PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and all my Nintendo's in my home office. @Rain Dew has the same systems in the living room. We also have a couple in our bedroom. So we can game wherever we are in the house. She prefers the living room and I prefer the office. So if he is in the same situation I could see him keeping both of them. After all, We have 2 PS5's, and an Xbox Series S.

On 9/20/2022 at 1:40 AM, Ajibusu said:

It depends on how the console came. If I was lucky as you stated, then reselling it will be the best bet as there will be no need keeping 2 Xbox X at that particular moment. 

I wonder if he told Microsoft about the mistake, and if they let him keep it or requested it be returned. But if he didn't tell them, he got a free xbox series X lol. I bet he kept it, because he marked out his order # and tracking. So if MS did see it, they couldn't find out who he was. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

We have multiples of several consoles. The reason is due to how many TV's and different rooms we have. For example I have a PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and all my Nintendo's in my home office. @Rain Dew has the same systems in the living room. We also have a couple in our bedroom. So we can game wherever we are in the house. She prefers the living room and I prefer the office. So if he is in the same situation I could see him keeping both of them. After all, We have 2 PS5's, and an Xbox Series S.

Yeah that's probably what I would do too, keep it to have in another room. Or trade it in for a PS5 or something so I have both consoles. 

Remember when Phoebe's bank accidentally deposited $500 to her account, she called the bank to correct the error and the bank thought they owed her and just deposited another $500 along with a football phone?

Call Microsoft and see what happens.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:29 PM, Kane99 said:

I wonder if he told Microsoft about the mistake, and if they let him keep it or requested it be returned. But if he didn't tell them, he got a free xbox series X lol. I bet he kept it, because he marked out his order # and tracking. So if MS did see it, they couldn't find out who he was. 

Yeah that's probably what I would do too, keep it to have in another room. Or trade it in for a PS5 or something so I have both consoles. 

No matter how it happened, I would be returning it (if I  were to be in his shoes). They have made a lot of money from the gaming industry that losing one console won't be a big deal to them.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:30 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I would sell it off, could easily get a bit more than market value for it right now.

Selling it off might also be a good plan, I must say. As long as there is no consequences that come up later selling it is no big deal.

5 minutes ago, Ajibusu said:

Selling it off might also be a good plan, I must say. As long as there is no consequences that come up later selling it is no big deal.

MS has shown they have no money shortages of late, some extra consoles going out won't break their bank.

As long as Microsoft didn't come back for the extra series x shipped to me, I'll look for a way to swap it for money. I wouldn't play two consoles, one have to be swapped for money or another equivalent electronic item which I'm in need. 

On 10/7/2022 at 12:28 AM, Ajibusu said:

I wouldn't think there would be any consequences. After all, it was Microsoft's screw up, and not the consumer's fault. In this situation, once it's in the gamers possession, Microsoft can't bitch about it, so you can do whatever you want with it. Sell it, give it away, trade it, save it as a spare or put it in another room on a separate TV, use it for target practice or as a boat anchor. The options are all but endless. The only thing Microsoft can do at this point is piss and moan. And as @Demon_skeith said, they're not short on money, so losing a system that's worth less than a thousand new isn't even going to be noticeable. Monetarily speaking, anyway. Hell they probably spend 10 times more than that on shit soiled toilet paper every day.

Edited by The Blackangel

That is one very lucky guy! Some people are lucky to be able to snag one with how things are at the moment with cost of living and even sometimes with them being in stock so the fact this guy received two is really lucky. I would like to think he may be thought of someone who was struggling to find one of the consoles and possibly sold it to them unopened and brand new so that someone else could jump on the next gen console train, at least that is what I would do if I received two and only needed one but that is just the kind of person I am, always thinking of others and how I can help them get something if they want it.