Register Now
Kane99

Minecraft Hogwarts build took 6 years to make

I gotta give props to the people who make these wild creations in Minecraft, especially taking 6 years of their life to make something such as this. This person decided to make an as close as possible replica of Hogwarts as they could. The creator used the likes of video footage of the movies and photos as well. 

Source: 

https://www.gamesradar.com/this-incredible-minecraft-hogwarts-build-took-6-years-to-make/

Clip of the build:

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I gotta give props to the people who make these wild creations in Minecraft, especially taking 6 years of their life to make something such as this. This person decided to make an as close as possible replica of Hogwarts as they could. The creator used the likes of video footage of the movies and photos as well. 

Source: 

https://www.gamesradar.com/this-incredible-minecraft-hogwarts-build-took-6-years-to-make/

Clip of the build:

wow that's so cool!

Edited by runswithspatulas

3 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

wow that's so cool!

Right? I remember making a ton of stuff in the 360 version of Minecraft ages ago, but never have I made something so huge and time consuming. I mean, I have built a lot in minecraft, just nothing on this level. 

Have you played minecraft before? Have any fun builds you have made? 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Right? I remember making a ton of stuff in the 360 version of Minecraft ages ago, but never have I made something so huge and time consuming. I mean, I have built a lot in minecraft, just nothing on this level. 

Have you played minecraft before? Have any fun builds you have made? 

i'm just now getting started in minecraft. i've had the acct. for a while now but, i didn't really understand the point of the game. a friend at work explained it so i'm working on getting started but it's slow going. i have lots of other games and i don't usually mess with minecraft till the weekends i'm off. been looking at info on the game. it's all foreign to me. i have a couple worlds i bought but idk what i'm supposed to do with them. lol!

This is really incredible. I love some of the little touches and how you did the landscape.
So many hours you must have put into it. Everything just looks so perfect.

my only suggestion would be perhaps a ruffing it up a little here and there to make it look a little worn. If you did and I missed it in the vid just disregard.

Again, really amazing.

On 9/2/2022 at 2:37 AM, runswithspatulas said:

i'm just now getting started in minecraft. i've had the acct. for a while now but, i didn't really understand the point of the game. a friend at work explained it so i'm working on getting started but it's slow going. i have lots of other games and i don't usually mess with minecraft till the weekends i'm off. been looking at info on the game. it's all foreign to me. i have a couple worlds i bought but idk what i'm supposed to do with them. lol!

I've played it on the PC first, but that PC died a while after so I ended up getting it on the 360. The 360 version is very limited as you can't build unlimited. I built a ton on my 360 map. I even built a massive hotel, but don't recall if I filled up all the rooms. Probably not. 

I then got it again on PC later on, and played on there from time to time. It's really fun if you give it time and learn the game. Or you can go creative mode and just build to your heart's content. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I've played it on the PC first, but that PC died a while after so I ended up getting it on the 360. The 360 version is very limited as you can't build unlimited. I built a ton on my 360 map. I even built a massive hotel, but don't recall if I filled up all the rooms. Probably not. 

I then got it again on PC later on, and played on there from time to time. It's really fun if you give it time and learn the game. Or you can go creative mode and just build to your heart's content. 

i'm in creative mode. but i'm a noob. idk what i'm doing at all. if i get things figured out i might eventually move to survival mode. maybe.

On 9/5/2022 at 1:33 AM, runswithspatulas said:

i'm in creative mode. but i'm a noob. idk what i'm doing at all. if i get things figured out i might eventually move to survival mode. maybe.

If you want to learn to play under survival, I would suggest going to at least peaceful mode so that you can learn recipes and all that. Because when in creative you can use any block/items/tools you want in order to build and you don't see how each item is made. In peaceful and survival, you have to mine for your supplies. Creative won't teach you the recipes to my knowledge. 

What I did with creative mode, was build my world up first, and once I felt like my world was up to par, I could turn on survival mode and invite my friends in as well and turn back on survival mode. But most people start in survival or an easier difficulty to get the controls down. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

If you want to learn to play under survival, I would suggest going to at least peaceful mode so that you can learn recipes and all that. Because when in creative you can use any block/items/tools you want in order to build and you don't see how each item is made. In peaceful and survival, you have to mine for your supplies. Creative won't teach you the recipes to my knowledge. 

What I did with creative mode, was build my world up first, and once I felt like my world was up to par, I could turn on survival mode and invite my friends in as well and turn back on survival mode. But most people start in survival or an easier difficulty to get the controls down. 

so i can get the recipes in peaceful mode? or not? i'm kinda confused.

On 9/2/2022 at 12:35 AM, killamch89 said:

That is amazing! Now that is dedication - I can't imagine spending that much time building one thing in a game.

Exactly!! It's not all those developments they jump into and have it butchered as much as they can and have a complete BS pushed out for gamers to consume.