Register Now
Kane99

What are the most disturbing movies you have watched?

There are a lot of movies out there that are disturbing in nature. From literal snuff films to films that are just meant to gross you out and offend you. What are the most disturbing movies you have watched? I have watched the likes of Ichi The Killer, Cannibal Holocaust, Audition, A Serbian Film, Faces of Death, The House that Jack Built and a few others. I was pushed into watching A Serbian Film recently by a friend and I absolutely hated every minute of it. It wasn't as disturbing as everyone made it out to be, but it has some disturbing moments, especially near the end involving a child though it's implied, it's still messed up. I wouldn't recommend watching it, it's an awful movie. 

Name off some of the disturbing films you have watched. It doesn't have to be as disturbing as the films I mentioned, just anything you found to be disturbing. 

Please refrain from sharing images/stills from some of the movies being discussed though. I don't think we'd be able to anyway. Search at your own volition. 

Also, you can check out disturbing iceberg list mista gg did a year ago. 

We watched Cannibal Holocaust at school. I think it was college, probably, I can't remember. But I do remember that, while it was definitely a very graphic and disturbing film, it felt kinda tame compared to a lot of other movies with far more graphic content with blood and gore. I guess the disturbing nature of it though was the raw footage of the film, how it felt like a home movie.

Which brings me to the one movie I did consider to be truly disturbing, one that might have been even more disturbing than "Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom", which was "August Underground's Mordum". I don't even remember how I came across it. I was experimenting with my choice of films, trying to explore films that were outside the norm, and somehow, I came across the film on some video streaming site (definitely not YouTube, might have been Dailymotion for all I remember, but I highly doubt it). And it was practically a snuff film. It was such a bizarre film for me at the time because I wasn't aware that such films could exist, and so curiosity got me to keep watching for a bit, but eventually, after browsing through the video for about 15 mins, it just got too much for me and I just abandoned it completely. I wouldn't say I was scarred by the film, but man, those were some crazy days for me.

And then of course, Salò came along just a few years ago, but by then, I was already too desensitized to be put off by it. It was kinda a boring film actually, despite its reputation.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:03 PM, Kane99 said:

There are a lot of movies out there that are disturbing in nature. From literal snuff films to films that are just meant to gross you out and offend you. What are the most disturbing movies you have watched? I have watched the likes of Ichi The Killer, Cannibal Holocaust, Audition, A Serbian Film, Faces of Death, The House that Jack Built and a few others. I was pushed into watching A Serbian Film recently by a friend and I absolutely hated every minute of it. It wasn't as disturbing as everyone made it out to be, but it has some disturbing moments, especially near the end involving a child though it's implied, it's still messed up. I wouldn't recommend watching it, it's an awful movie. 

Name off some of the disturbing films you have watched. It doesn't have to be as disturbing as the films I mentioned, just anything you found to be disturbing. 

Please refrain from sharing images/stills from some of the movies being discussed though. I don't think we'd be able to anyway. Search at your own volition. 

Also, you can check out disturbing iceberg list mista gg did a year ago. 

I can name two, both ended up on TV a few years back right around Halloween. 

Hostel (1 &2) 😬

Rest Stop 😬😬

^ Rest Stop had me so scared I remember I was afraid to try on clothes at Kmart in the dressing room. I was all paranoid for like a week. And the movie had nothing to do with stores or dressing rooms. I was just plain freaked out. That guy was pure evil. The guy in the truck.

Hostel. And the sequels it has. 🙀

It's about two guys who go to Amsterdam hoping to get laid. What they don't know is that rich people in the villa pay good money to see folk getting tortured and killed by their hands. This all occurs in this place where you get a private room.

The women are there to trick outsiders into being captured. Clients are then expected to kill their subjects.  

All of the films have sickening levels of sadism. 👹

It's not too often I watch horror movies myself as I am not a huge fan of them being they scare me LOL but I have seen a few and the most disturbing ones I have seen are the Saw movies which are ones I have seen and really wished I hadn't seen. 

On 2/18/2023 at 3:23 PM, Shortie said:

It's not too often I watch horror movies myself as I am not a huge fan of them being they scare me LOL but I have seen a few and the most disturbing ones I have seen are the Saw movies which are ones I have seen and really wished I hadn't seen. 

Saw one and two certainly are disturbing so I can understand your sentiments although I think the fourth movie does have its moments as well.

Hereditary is one of the most disturbing movies I have ever seen. My spouse and I seen it in theaters when it was released, and there are scenes that were very jarring. I didn't expect to see a close up of Charlie's decapitated head with a bunch of fire ants crawling all over it. Plus the ending was odd and disturbing too. I also thought Smile was disturbing as well, even some of the music in the film made me feel uneasy.

Hereditary and Smile were great films. Especially Smile. Some movies I would consider disturbing are Human Centipede and Don't F*ck With Cats.

Don't F*ck With Cats is more of a documentary about a guy who got his kicks by literally torturing cats. Kittens mostly. I was disturbed by it then, and I'm still sickened whenever it pops up in my mind.

DFWC is available on Netflix. But for the best horror movies, I just log into my Shudder account. They have the best and most obscure movies, and are almost exclusively horror, with a bit of thriller thrown in. If you have never heard of it, I highly recommend signing up for it. It only costs $5 per month. So if you're a horror freak like me, give it a shot.

On 4/9/2023 at 11:32 AM, The Blackangel said:

Don't F*ck With Cats is more of a documentary about a guy who got his kicks by literally torturing cats. Kittens mostly. I was disturbed by it then, and I'm still sickened whenever it pops up in my mind.

Funny enough, what makes this scarier are the fact that I've known of people like that in real life and it's more common than most people think.