Register Now
Kane99

Red Dead Redemption 2 should add an invader option on single player

Games like Dark Souls has an invader option I believe, so why not have that option in our single player mode? I think it would be interesting to play as anyone in the single player map. You get one chance to kill Arthur or John when you invade another person's world. 

The online is mostly dead at this point, so why not add a little feature like that to spice the game up a bit. I think it would make people play differently too. 

The online mode of the game is quite dead even though I know that some people still play it once in a while. I believe that adding an invader option on single player mode of RDR2 would be an excellent update but I'm not if Rockstar would consider it. 

On 9/2/2022 at 7:44 PM, Kane99 said:

Games like Dark Souls has an invader option I believe, so why not have that option in our single player mode? I think it would be interesting to play as anyone in the single player map. You get one chance to kill Arthur or John when you invade another person's world. 

The online is mostly dead at this point, so why not add a little feature like that to spice the game up a bit. I think it would make people play differently too. 

Rockstar doesn't really care about RDR2 despite all the success it has and while this is an excellent suggestion, they'll never put that much effort into content updates for it unlike GTA Online - their cash cow.

They have a Bandit challenge that involves things of this nature. So they thought ahead about things like this.

On 9/5/2022 at 5:07 PM, killamch89 said:

Rockstar doesn't really care about RDR2 despite all the success it has and while this is an excellent suggestion, they'll never put that much effort into content updates for it unlike GTA Online - their cash cow.

Unfortunately, this is 100% correct. RDR2 made them millions in profit. It was a massive commercial success. But it can’t compare to GTA in any way. In today’s market, I would be comfortable in saying that I believe the GTA series is the most successful and valuable series in all of gaming. I may very well be wrong, but you would hard pressed to find anything that beats it.

Unless perhaps you go for a game that has been out for 35 years, such as the Zelda franchise.

Because they don't make money for doing so. We're past the days of passion projects, and making great games for the sake of a great game (with the exception of indie titles).

All decisions require money. So if there isn't going to be a return on that investment, rockstar has no incentive to change anything. It sucks, ill admit, but the sooner you understand this you'll see these games for what they really are.

On 9/7/2022 at 12:10 PM, Empire said:

Because they don't make money for doing so. We're past the days of passion projects, and making great games for the sake of a great game (with the exception of indie titles).

You're right about that!! If they should ever do something like, it's going to be money oriented in every way possible. Rockstar is quite greedy on their own, so it's not a surprise that they would follow such a path too. Take a look at what they did with GTA Trilogy, it says a lot. 

On 9/3/2022 at 5:39 AM, Heatman said:

The online mode of the game is quite dead even though I know that some people still play it once in a while. I believe that adding an invader option on single player mode of RDR2 would be an excellent update but I'm not if Rockstar would consider it. 

Oh for sure, RDR2 online is pretty much dead, or not nearly as popular as it once was. I think it'd be great, would change a lot for gamers. Plus it could be a fun way to do roleplays where people are after you and you don't know who they are. 

On 9/5/2022 at 6:07 PM, killamch89 said:

Tis true, that's Rockstar for you. To be fair though, I think they needed to add different game modes to RDR2 online to keep it alive. Much like they did with the original RDR online back in the day. Give us some fun competitive modes to play. I'm not seeing a whole lot of fun with the current state of RDR2 online. 

The thing with GTA is that there's so much more you can do. IN RDR2 you limited with the horses you can use and not much else. I suggested in another topic that they add more options to RDR2 online, like even vehicles. Who cares about realism at this point. If we want RDR2 online to be worth any time, they just need to get creative with it. But Rockstar has left the building and won't be adding to it sadly. 😞 At least nothing major. 

On 9/6/2022 at 10:37 PM, The Blackangel said:

They have a Bandit challenge that involves things of this nature. So they thought ahead about things like this.

Unfortunately, this is 100% correct. RDR2 made them millions in profit. It was a massive commercial success. But it can’t compare to GTA in any way. In today’s market, I would be comfortable in saying that I believe the GTA series is the most successful and valuable series in all of gaming. I may very well be wrong, but you would hard pressed to find anything that beats it.

Unless perhaps you go for a game that has been out for 35 years, such as the Zelda franchise.

Only for online mode though correct? GTA V had something similar where you could call someone to steal cash from other players and also a bounty system. For me, I would prefer it being in single player and it be a random NPC the player takes over. They have to try and kill Arthur or John by blending in to the world. Maybe they could give the invader an option to see the location where the player is, but not an exact point, maybe just the city or surrounding area. I think that would be cool. 

Or the invader could join in and have fun with the player, maybe help them out even. Like a co-op mode. Oh shit, maybe a co-op mode in single player after the end of the game. That'd be kinda cool. 

And yeah, even though RDR2 made a ton of profit. I think they knew that RDR2 online wasn't going to come close to GTA V online. Which is fair. But they could add some fun modes to online to spice things up. It doesn't have to be realistic either. 

I was always hoping they would add like a fight club mode or something. Hell, Undead Nightmare online would have helped a lot too. 😞 

On 9/7/2022 at 7:10 AM, Empire said:

All decisions require money. So if there isn't going to be a return on that investment, rockstar has no incentive to change anything. It sucks, ill admit, but the sooner you understand this you'll see these games for what they really are.

They could if they made the online different from the single player. At this point, I'd be okay if they just went wacky with the online mode. Just give us dumb guns that do dumb things. Allow us to do weird and fun missions with the team. Heists even. Weren't there supposed to be heists in RDR online at some point? Kinda like what GTA V had? 

Anyway, RDR just doesn't work in an online setting I guess. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Only for online mode though correct? GTA V had something similar where you could call someone to steal cash from other players and also a bounty system. For me, I would prefer it being in single player and it be a random NPC the player takes over. They have to try and kill Arthur or John by blending in to the world. Maybe they could give the invader an option to see the location where the player is, but not an exact point, maybe just the city or surrounding area. I think that would be cool.

I don't know if it's available in the Red Dead Online, as I don't play online games. But the bandit challenges are definitely in the game. There's also other challenges like horseman, herbalist, survival, master hunter, and weapons expert just to name a few of them. Each challenge category has ten challenges that get more and more difficult as you progress through them. The only downside is herbalist 9. You have to pick every plant in the game. Unfortunately, Arthur can't get to them all because 5 of them are in New Austin. So the herbalist challenge isn't able to be completed until the epilogue when John is moving outside of Blackwater to build his ranch.

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh for sure, RDR2 online is pretty much dead, or not nearly as popular as it once was. I think it'd be great, would change a lot for gamers. Plus it could be a fun way to do roleplays where people are after you and you don't know who they are. 

Rockstar have other agenda that doesn't include the Red Dead Online and it's pretty much what left it the way it is now. Most gamers have even moved on from it as well. It's quite disappointing.