Register Now
Kane99

State of Decay 3 Is Being Made with Unreal Engine 5 and Help from Gears of War Devs

Source - https://wccftech.com/state-of-decay-3-is-being-made-with-unreal-engine-5-and-help-from-gears-of-war-devs/

It looks like State of Decay 3 is in the process of being made, and they are going with Unreal Engine 5, so I'm psyched to see what they come up with. I honestly didn't like State of Decay 2, bugs kinda broke it for me, so I stopped bothering with that game and haven't played it since. I hope State of Decay 3 turns out to be much more improved and more fun. 

Are you going to be buying this game? 

I love state of decay think i put atleast 60 hours into the first game, the second game however, i see that it's still getting updated all the time, i never played yet. I had just beaten the first state of decay when the second game came out, so opted to wait a while before playing the second one as with many things in life i never got around to it.

I do hope they put more emphasis on the surviving as a group or why not give us the option to play solo without a group, because that was one of the strongest points in the series -> the survival aspect, why not have rival gangs included aswell and hell why not being able to fall in love with a fellow survivor and give us the option to have children. 

It's a damn shame i haven't gotten around state of decay 2 yet, i should make work of that sometime soon.

I remember seeing the first game and being hyped about it, but somehow for one reason or another I never got it. 😅

maybe I should go and add it to my wishlist and snag if it goes on sale, even a little bit 😋

also, if state of decay 3 gets influenced by gears of war devs, we might see some new things when it comes out. 👍

3 hours ago, Empire said:

I don't know how I feel about the only capable studio that Microsoft has in terms of tech helping others while basically halting their own game development. Especially with regard to niche games like SoD 3.

Wait, is this about the devs of Gears of War specifically? I wonder what's the reason they have to go help out with state of decay in the first place?

On 9/5/2022 at 3:16 PM, Gonassis said:

Wait, is this about the devs of Gears of War specifically? I wonder what's the reason they have to go help out with state of decay in the first place?

Just think about the money or business side of things. No idea too why but can be many reasosn to why 😛

That's good news to see the edition III of the game coming out via unreal engine 5. I wouldn't rush buying this one, maybe I'll wait for you to get down playing the game, then sharing your experience. From there, I can consider buying the game or not, 😂

I honestly hated State of Decay 2 because I hit a game breaking bug at one point that ended up killing some of my survivors. Ever since I gave up on the series. I'll admit though, I am interested in the next game, but I hope they fixed all the problems I had with it. 

On 9/8/2022 at 5:37 PM, Kane99 said:

I honestly hated State of Decay 2 because I hit a game breaking bug at one point that ended up killing some of my survivors. Ever since I gave up on the series. I'll admit though, I am interested in the next game, but I hope they fixed all the problems I had with it. 

Yeah - it does have its fair share of bugs but it's a fun time. I hope we can build things like helicopters in State Of Decay 3.

On 9/18/2022 at 12:19 AM, Heatman said:

Unreal Engine 5 is the best hot cake in town now when it comes to new game's development. I'm not surprised with State of Decay 3 being developed with it too. I hope it comes out good. 

I think most recent video games are made with the unreal engine 5 and what's more fascinating is that it has really diverse functions.