Register Now
Knight Plug

Silent Hill 2 remake images have popped up online...

They could be fake. Seeing as how Tokyo Game Show is happening in a few weeks, this could be some idiot's idea of poking fun at the fans. As if we haven't suffered enough disappointment in recent memory.

It's a cruel world. People do do this crap.

However, Dusk Golem maintains that the remake is still happening...

I guess we don't have long to wait to find out what Konami's unannounced game will be. 

Regards, from Candy Stick.

Edited by Shagger

Even if it’s early pitch concepts, it doesn’t look too bad.

I hope they don’t use the warm colour palette, as SH2 has a very cold and damp feeling with the blues, greens and greys… almost like a corpse.

Seeing as Bloober is working with Akira Yamaoka, and it seems like Masahiro Ito is working on another SH game, I hope they’re involved with the rumoured games to a great degree.

I'd want this to be a success but because Konami is the one developing it, I'm keeping my expectations pretty low and I know I'm still going to be disappointed afterwards. Now if it were someone like Kojima or Capcom...I'd be through the moon about this as the Silent Hill series is something I grew up playing as well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, unless an official announcement comes from Konami there are no Silent Hill projects in development.  Although when it comes to Silent Hill the fanbase seem to continue to be wildly over optimistic and have zero capacity to think things reasonably despite rumours of a new entry in the Silent Hill franchise turning out to be false countless times.  They just jump right on the bandwagon over and over again, I don't know what to do anymore.

Edited by Crazycrab

5 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, unless an official announcement comes from Konami there are no Silent Hill projects in development.  Although when it comes to Silent Hill the fanbase seem to continue to be wildly over optimistic and have zero capacity to think things reasonably despite rumours of a new entry in the Silent Hill franchise turning out to be false countless times.  They just jump right on the bandwagon over and over again, I don't know what to do anymore.

You know what, let's just be honest here, even if Konami do announce another Silent Hill game, is it REALLY worth getting excited about?  Konami's track record since Kojima left has been, frankly, fucking appalling!  Every game release following MGS5: The Phantom Pain has been a critical and commercial disaster.  Seriously ask yourselves, Do you even want the publisher behind Metal Gear Survive, Contra Rouge Corps and eFootball anywhere near Silent Hill?

It's probably because the second game is the pinnacle of the series, like how RE fans say RE4 is the best one. It has Pyramid Head and is the game that was generally the most well received. Plus, you don't have to have played the first game, as the plot is unrelated.

Companies know that if they remake a game that has all the necessary bells and whistles, it's going to sell like freshly steamed cakes. 

4 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

It's probably because the second game is the pinnacle of the series, like how RE fans say RE4 is the best one. It has Pyramid Head and is the game that was generally the most well received. Plus, you don't have to have played the first game, as the plot is unrelated.

Companies know that if they remake a game that has all the necessary bells and whistles, it's going to sell like freshly steamed cakes. 

Honestly, the first that came to mind reading that post was who the hell wants a steamed cake? That sounds disgusting.

To the point though, it is indeed true that remakes and remasters, whilst mostly pointless, will sell if they have the "all the bells and whistles" because that's the bare minimum that we, as the fans, should expect. I hope that this remake of Silent Hill 2 is one of the better remakes we've seen as given the games age it makes more sense than, say, The Last of Us Part I that has been getting a lot of flack, but like @Crazycrab don't put stock in anything unless it's from an official source. And again, like @Crazycrab said, even if we do here from Konami that this is happening, don't put much faith in that announcement either because if there is one company that you can bet on to fuck something like this up, it's Konami. The care nothing for thier fans, thier franchises not thier products anymore. How far they have fallen would be like if Wolfgang Puck stared serving tinned macaroni at his restaurants.

My guess is that it's not true. It would be odd to make a remake of Silent Hill 2 when I know there are fans of the first game out there as well. It'd be weird not to include a remake ofr SH1 first then SH2 and 3 and maybe 4 idk. I could see them doing just a trilogy remake. Because 3 ties into the first game. Also, the second game is a completely new story. These images could also be of a SH1 remake. Because in that you play as a man, so it could be the guy from the first game. 

I would love to see a remake for the original games, because I would like to play them with modern controls. 

I think they are focusing on the money side of things, but I think they also want to do these games how they originally envisioned them.

SH2 is the game that introduced Pyramid Head, and he has become a gimmick. He was only supposed to be in the game to taunt James Sunderland. This is why the creator said on Twitter that he now regrets designing Pyramid Head. That's saying something.

With Capcom's RE4, it's kind of disappointing how they aren't remaking CV (as in, Code: Veronica). Because CV is the 'genuine' RE4. But they know CV wouldn't make a profit. But they remade 2 and 3, only to skip CV. So that's just wrong. 

I feel like with remakes, they do this because it's more effort to create something new. 

The original SH2 and RE4 are the magnum opus of each franchise. Although personally, I think RE4 kind of ruined the RE series by making it less about survival horror and more about action.