Register Now
Gonassis

Reasons to why you subscribe to Game Subscription Services

I've never really tried gaming subscriptions out, but I've tried season passes on some games. 😀

Anyway, why do you subscribe to such services? I know there are plenty of benefits or reasons to do so, I'm just curious about your personal opinions.
Who knows, one day I might hop on board too somehow 😋

Also, Do you think the subscription you have is worth its price point? You can mention why too.

this topic is related to this other topic on here: 

Also, here are 2 article lists showing most game subscription services including the lesser known ones, asides from the popular ones like Xbox game pass and PS Plus.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/best-game-subscription-services/

https://www.gamingscan.com/best-gaming-subscription-services/

Subscription-services.jpg

Edited by Gonassis

In some cases they offer WAY better value than paying for games outright.  For example, Mass Effect Legendary Edition is £54.99 on Origin, but you can play it via EA Play which grants access to it and a ton of other games on Console and PC for £3.99 a month or £19.99 for a year...  It's a no brainer!

Capture.thumb.PNG.aea2a5b922a41bdec74cdcedf4899962.PNG

1247616672_Capture2.thumb.PNG.8c533dad4b5d923a23deb5dc15f63f46.PNG

Edited by Crazycrab

When it comes to something like gamepass for example. It's cheap and gets you a ton of games at a single price. Not only that it gets you Xbox live as well, at least with ultimate it does. 

I don't buy games that often these days. That's one other reason I like gamepass, because it allows me to play all of these games I never would have otherwise. And with me, I tend to play a game once. And then never go back to it. That's another reason I like gamepass, because I can pull from a bunch of games, play them, finish them, and then grab the next one. 

I don't think I would purchase most of the games on game pass either. It saves me a lot in the long run. 

The Nintendo one is kind of mandatory for downloading games to the Switch and having online access in most titles. Gamepass gives you a whole host of games for a relatively affordable price per month. I don't use EA Play for obvious reasons and if Ubisoft or any other of those companies have one, I still wouldn't get it either.

I subscribed to Xbox live in order so i could watch youtube on my tv, in the early 360 days youtube was a paid app, they later reversed that decision and made it free, nowadays i just keep gold around for the games with gold you get every month other then that i have no real use for it since i don't game online. 

Also I don't really want to have anything to do with gamepass and all the other game services out there because i like my games physical.

Edited by Yaramaki

17 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I subscribed to Xbox live in order so i could watch youtube on my tv, in the early 360 days youtube was a paid app, they later reversed that decision and made it free, nowadays i just keep gold around for the games with gold you get every month other then that i have no real use for it since i don't game online. 

Also I don't really want to have anything to do with gamepass and all the other game services out there because i like my games physical.

I remember those days. I was glad they allowed us to use the free apps without having a subscription. Gamepass ultimate also gets you XBL, which gets you games with gold as well. 

But I understand wanting to get the physical version. You could also look at it as a way to test out those games you want to get physically. 

Same reasons for most people to able to get hold of games each month at a simple cost a month. Rather then buying a new release game at around of $50, they might as well pay $8 a month and get 50 to 500 games that they can pick 🙂 simple and easy and cheap way.

BUT, not for everyone, I like to own the game outright. It does cost way to much if you ended up just playing one game 😞 

Playing online is cheaper than buying it outrightly. It's a good bargain for those who doesn't play much longer on a particular video game. I can't fancy my hands that much playing a particular game down the years. I prefer game subscription in most cases, it enables me to pay lesser than the original price of a game. 

Edited by Justin11

On 9/7/2022 at 7:03 AM, Empire said:

Same reasons for most people to able to get hold of games each month at a simple cost a month. Rather then buying a new release game at around of $50, they might as well pay $8 a month and get 50 to 500 games that they can pick 🙂 simple and easy and cheap way.

BUT, not for everyone, I like to own the game outright. It does cost way to much if you ended up just playing one game 😞 

That's the beauty in it. But you also need to remember that some people don't game that much, and in turn they also are wasting some money when they don't utilize the service. That's how I see it anyway. 

I like gamepass and services like it, because it allows me to game on my own time and my own pace. I can download a game, play it, quit it and delete it. It allows me more freedom than it would be to buy a $60-$70 game. 

To the best of my knowledge, it's all about saving the cost and getting better service for paying less. I don't think that it gets better than that. Games are quite very expensive lately, so the subscriptions is a wall breaker for expensive games. 

On 9/9/2022 at 1:22 PM, Heatman said:

To the best of my knowledge, it's all about saving the cost and getting better service for paying less. I don't think that it gets better than that. Games are quite very expensive lately, so the subscriptions is a wall breaker for expensive games. 

Getting a good number of games for a month or yearly subscription basis seems way more cost effective Because if you intend to purchase those games individually would cost you a whole lot that a $60 monthly subscription would.