Register Now
StaceyPowers

Obvious plot twists you missed

In another thread, I posted about obvious plot elements that you might have missed. Conversely, what are some games where something put in as a plot twist—or which other gamers called a plot twist—seemed obvious to you early on?

For example, I’ve heard a lot of people call the big reveal in BioShock Infinite a plot twist. But to me it just seemed like normal plot. I guessed it quite early.

Well, I certainly believe that we have a very good example in what happened in Spec Ops : The Line. It's considered the greatest plot twist in video games history. All the atrocities committed by Captain Walker and his small team in an end justify the means mode to find Konrad by killing a lot of people. You can remember the massacre of innocent woman and children with the use of white phosphorus but in the end, it was discovered that Konrad has long been dead. Show me a better plot twist than that, I'd wait!! 

I actually never even realized you the main character were Revan. I mean I thought it at first, but I also thought maybe one of the jedi's could have been Revan. Or that Revan altogether was dead actually dead. But at the time it was released I can kinda see why people really thought the story was good. I just enjoy those kinda games in general so I didn't expect it to have an amazing story. Still kept me interested though.

When I played BioShock I didn't really pay attention to the story and I only played to complete the Mission for most part but later into the game I realised that jack  is a merely a pawn under Fontaine’s hypnotic control and was brainwashed into killing Ryan.