Register Now
StaceyPowers

Finding solutions before you find what they’re for

Not always, unless it's a puzzle game or dungeon crawler. If it's an open-world exploration game like Stray, I tend to explore the mysterious and wondrous world on my own before seeking out "the right way to play." But if the game has a "right way to play" like puzzle games, then yeah, I would just go for a walkthrough because I'm lazy when it comes to "challenging games."

I'm sure I have. Like a key item in the story that was meant to be found later or during a certain moment in the game? I've found a lot of stuff in RDR2, Skyrim, and other open world games that I couldn't use right away and had to wait for a certain point. I'm not reminded of anything, but I know I have found items that I couldn't use yet or had to wait until a certain level or it was a key item for something. 

Yes of course!! It's what explorations is all about. As long as you're paying good attention to what you're doing, you will definitely find pieces of answers or artifacts that would be useful in the future. I have had good experiences with exploring Ghost of Tsushima. 

Yes, I have played many games just like this where when I have found something, I know it was something I would have needed further on in the game. It's all part of what those kinds of games are about though so I guess that is why I expect it when I play them. It's the ones that I find early and then have to keep for a while during the game because I didn't need them for the longest time bug me. 

15 hours ago, Shortie said:

Yes, I have played many games just like this where when I have found something, I know it was something I would have needed further on in the game. It's all part of what those kinds of games are about though so I guess that is why I expect it when I play them. It's the ones that I find early and then have to keep for a while during the game because I didn't need them for the longest time bug me. 

I got a couple of scenarios where I just found a clue or weapon like in God of war which I didn't get to use immediately untill maybe two or three missions later.

It's usually exciting when the time comes and you realize you already got what you need to get past that stage in your backlog.

Exploring is great the first time.Not so much the next. Make sure that players do not have to double back that often, or else things become slow very quickly. Also, someone mentioned exploration difficulty, which I agree with. However, it does not need to be danger. I remember Skyward Sword island exploration fondly because it took some skill and practice to get to some of the small islands.

On 11/21/2022 at 1:22 PM, Empire said:

Exploring is great the first time.Not so much the next. Make sure that players do not have to double back that often, or else things become slow very quickly. Also, someone mentioned exploration difficulty, which I agree with. However, it does not need to be danger. I remember Skyward Sword island exploration fondly because it took some skill and practice to get to some of the small islands.

I don't usually explore the first time since I don't really understand the game at the time, I would usually he more comfortable to explore when I go over the game again and this time I already have a hint of the game so I am not stuck or lost as to what to expect next.

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I don't usually explore the first time since I don't really understand the game at the time, I would usually he more comfortable to explore when I go over the game again and this time I already have a hint of the game so I am not stuck or lost as to what to expect next.

DayZ you tend to explore over the same location as loot resawns and if you explore more you know the great places to think about first, then after awhile once you know the map you get bored. DayZ is fun but something that I do not do much anymore till something new comes

On 11/23/2022 at 1:18 PM, Empire said:

DayZ you tend to explore over the same location as loot resawns and if you explore more you know the great places to think about first, then after awhile once you know the map you get bored. DayZ is fun but something that I do not do much anymore till something new comes

I haven't played day Z but I heard its quite a really cool video game.

If the game itself requires that I explore I would ,but if it is not a requirement I would just go to the main game play.

On 11/25/2022 at 8:10 AM, Justin11 said:

I haven't played day Z but I heard its quite a really cool video game.

If the game itself requires that I explore I would ,but if it is not a requirement I would just go to the main game play.

There is no main gameplay, it's open world and you explore and live and build your bade and protect it, then you go out looking for frood and water to able to eat and live.

Sometimes. This occasionally happened in The Talos Priciple, where you had bonus objectives that could be achieved by combining parts of multiple puzzle chambers. I'd occasionally find a later part of the solution before an earlier one!

On 11/28/2022 at 1:01 AM, killamch89 said:

Lots of times - I'm always checking every little thing in every area to make sure I don't miss anything and a good number of times I end up with items that'd help me unlock a different area of certain games or craft an ultra rare item of sorts.

When I play GTA sometimes I just wander off to a different path other than the one that's on the map and I usually do find some cash laying around it some car I could use to get to where I am supposed to be.

The cash is usually useful later on when I want to purchase something in game.