Register Now
Matan_z

What do you prefer a computer or a mobile phone?

I would rather use my pc since there the video games are better with a better quality and more enjoyable. Since I remember myself I was using a computer more and I never regret of it, but like anything a pc has his disadvantages and one of them is that he is not mobile unless it's a laptop but that's another subject. So what do you prefer a computer or a mobile phone?

First off, welcome to VGR.

PC (computers) all the way for gaming. Not because the platform offers a much better variety of far better quality games than mobile devices (Even though it does), but because mobile to me is a complete joke. There are good games on mobile, but trying to find them in that ocean of putrid gunk takes more effort than it's worth. You find predatory free-to-play games everywhere unfortunately, but mobile gaming is made up of almost entirely nothing but that. I hate mobile gaming. I don't grudge anyone for enjoying mobile gaming, but I can't help but believe that the only reason anyone would enjoy it is because they've been so warded to it's crap factor that they don't know any better. They don't know what playing video games is supposed to be like. Those same people when they do play on PC's or consoles don't see anything wrong with the games that bring that same bullshit over to those planforms and that's annoying because it gives game publishers the incentive to keep doing so.

Edited by Shagger

"Don't you guys have phones?"

😆

Sorry. I had to, especially in a conversation about PC vs. mobile, when Blizzard screwed PC gamers over in a convention largely made up of PC gamers by selling them a mobile game. Sure, they have a PC port now of Diablo: Immoral, but man, that meme still kills me.

I definitely prefer my PC for all the reasons Shagger already said, including better quality games and having better graphics AAA next-gen games no mobile phone could ever hope to contain within their limited hardware.

Mobile phones to have their perks, but as a gaming device, even other platforms that offer handheld options are far superior, including the Steam Deck.

Both are useful, k wouldn't prefer one and leaving the other out, PC does magnificent tasks as well as mobile phones. At times I'll need flexibility, their is no way I can take my PC out when I move off from my comfort, my mobile phone has to go out with me and my PC stays at home. 

I'd have to say PC as well... though my opinion on phone gaming is sort of neutral... there are gems to play here and there, but you'd be better off finding a reputable mobile game reviewer on YouTube, than trying out games the algo throws at you when you browse game stores... (although I do that and don't actually take my advice lol. 😅)

it also depends on the genre (the persona in question) would want to play.

For me, I actually keep hunting for decent text based games on the Google Play Store, and I've found a few that are decent, on the level of an interactive MUD. something that plays like a free Ebook or the likes. I'm weird like that. 😁

Actually, @Shagger went and ripped into the topic with all his fury, lol. nuff said vibes. 🤣

PC for gaming and almost everything else but a mobile phone is very convenient when I don't have access to a PC/laptop, it's a somewhat handy substitute. And before someone tries to poorly convince us that our smartphones can replace a PC. Stop listening to the crap that Apple and Samsung are spewing out - it's just marketing to sell their devices. I don't believe for one second that either company actually believes that. It make happen in the future but as of now, still nowhere near close to happening.

The portability of smartphone can never be overemphasised because it's something that's very good. It makes smartphone usage very easy. But when it comes to which one you're going to get more out of, it's definitely going to be PC. I'm going with PC too. 

On 9/20/2022 at 8:19 AM, Heatman said:

The portability of smartphone can never be overemphasised because it's something that's very good. It makes smartphone usage very easy. But when it comes to which one you're going to get more out of, it's definitely going to be PC. I'm going with PC too. 

For all the improvements in smartphones over the past decade, they are still nowhere near performing at the levels of even a Chromebook so there's no way a smartphone could overtake a PC in terms of usefulness for me.

Definitely a PC... I find phones to be rather clunky, and inherently limited by their small screen size. 

If an affordable, reliable folding phone ever makes it to market, then I might feel differently - but for now, I only use my phone for quick stuff on the go.

11 hours ago, aerodynamik said:

Definitely a computer. Mobile is not made for extensive games let alone to replace a PC.

Apple and Android tried to push this crap for years but as powerful as smartphones are, they just can't replace computers for now or in the near future.

This is a tough one for me as I use both my phone and my PC equally each day with me keeping up with things when I work and such. I guess when it comes down to it I would much prefer to be on my PC as I can do a lot more on my PC with ease that may be difficult with my phone but I also like to use my phone if I need to do something whilst away from my PC.