Register Now
Techno

Classic Star Wars Games

One of my favourite Star Wars games is a PS2 game called Star Wars Jedi Starfighter, sequel to Star Wars Starfighter.

510FTVXQZ7L._AC_.jpg.ea6f60efca6ca8efcf47f7f4b1167809.jpg

As the names suggests, it's a flight combat game that's heavy on story that can be played as a single player or cooperatively. The game is set at the same time as Star Wars Episode II and tells a parallel story where you switch between (as player one) two different characters. First a Jedi council pilot named Adi Gallia and a Feeorin pirate (and protagonist of the previous game) Nym who form a reluctant alliance to take down a dangerous mercenary group working with the Trade Federation and Separatist movement to unleash a new weapon of mass destruction on the forces of the Republic.

The story is more action packed, memorable and relatable than the movie it's part based on with a variety of the mission types and craft to fly (especially in co-op) and with objectives that vary depending on the difficulty setting and between single player and co-op modes giving more replay repay value than you might expect. The game is a joy to control whilst still offering a fair challenge with decent voice acting and follows the Star Wars movies very closely is terms of look and style with good graphics for it's time. There's even a multiplayer that probably won't hold up well to modern standards, but it is fun if a bit basic.

It's one of my favourite games under the Star Wars brand and I find it's often overlooked and very underrated.

Edited by Shagger

I didn't play a whole lot of Star Wars games back in the day. I played one of the Battlefront games back on the PS2/Xbox maybe. And maybe one of the Phantom Menace games on the PS1, but that's really been about it. I tried my hand at those Force Unleashed games, but couldn't get into it. 

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are fantastic games. They are a mix of first-person shooting and third-person lightsaber action and the lightsaber battles are probably the best lightsaber battles in any video game.

These might be the Gamecube games thinking about it

Jedi Knight 3 Jedi Academy was one of the best lightsaber combat Star Wars games I've ever played. It had everything back then for multiplayer.. Had custom skins, RP servers, competitive servers.. Everything. And the single player content was so good you can create your own Jedi and pick either light or dark side.. I wish we had something like this today with a refined lightsaber combat system like that.

On 9/8/2022 at 8:21 AM, Shagger said:

One of my favourite Star Wars games is a PS2 game called Star Wars Jedi Starfighter, sequel to Star Wars Starfighter.

510FTVXQZ7L._AC_.jpg.ea6f60efca6ca8efcf47f7f4b1167809.jpg

As the names suggests, it's a flight combat game that's heavy on story that can be played as a single player or cooperatively. The game is set at the same time as Star Wars Episode II and tells a parallel story where you switch between (as player one) two different characters, first a Jedi council pilot named Adi Gallia and a Feeorin pirate (and protagonist of the previous game) Nym who form a reluctant alliance to take down a dangerous mercenary group working with the Trade Federation and Separatist movement to unleash a new weapon of mass destruction on the forces of the Republic.

The story is more action packed, memorable and relatable than the movie it's part based on with a variety of the mission types and craft to fly (especially in co-op) and with objectives that vary depending on the difficulty setting and between single player and co-op modes giving more replay repay value than you might expect. The game is a joy to control whilst still offering a fair challenge with decent voice acting and follows the Star Wars movies very closely is terms of look and style with good graphics for it's time. There's even a multiplayer that probably won't hold up well to modern standards, but it is fun if a bit basic.

It's one of my favourite games under the Star Wars brand and I find it's often overlooked and very underrated.

Lmao I didn't think many others had played this game, but it's for sure a solid! My favorite next to the OG Battlefield games on the PS2 by far.

5 hours ago, Syntax said:

Lmao I didn't think many others had played this game, but it's for sure a solid! My favorite next to the OG Battlefield games on the PS2 by far.

I definitely didn't play that one either or remember much about it. But then again, most of them didn't get the publicity that more modern Star Wars games have gotten under EA.