Register Now
Kane99

Tokyo Game Show 2022

The Tokyo Game Show will be airing September 15th. This will probably be the first time I have ever caught a stream of it. Is anyone here psyched for the show? Are there any games you're hoping they reveal during the show? Any you expect to see? Maybe some gameplay? 

I hear 505 Games has a showcase during the show, but I'm not sure about what else is happening. But feel free to discuss and share trailers in here during the show. 

Tokyo Game Show - https://tgs.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2022/en/

Edited by Kane99

To be honest with you @Kane99, I don't understand why you have put this thread up so early. The Tokyo Game Show is still a week away. There's a good chance this thread could be buried between now and the actual show. Still, if that's what you want to do. Everyone be advised not to make new threads about TGS or any announcements, trailers or live streams related to the event as they will be removed, keep everything here.

Edited by Shagger

20 hours ago, HowHammerYou said:

I'm still hoping for Nintendo to announce the Switch 2 or whatever their next console is. Not necessarily a release date, but just a "Hey, here's what we're working on, here's what you can expect it to look like." trailer would be great.

If they announce the Switch 2 it'll probably be at one of the Nintendo Directs they do. I doubt they will announce it here or at any other show. But it would be crazy to see happen. 

20 hours ago, Shagger said:

To be honest with you @Kane99, I don't understand why you have put this thread up so early. The Tokyo Game Show is still a week away. There's a good chance this thread could be buried between now and the actual show. Still, if that's what you want to do. Everyone be advised not to make new threads about TGS or any announcements, trailers or live streams related to the event as they will be removed, keep everything here.

Saw it was coming up, so figured a topic on it would be a good idea. We can always bump it when the announcements start coming out. I'll remember to keep this topic updated if there's any trailers/announcements worth sharing. 🙂 

Capcom is one of the biggest companies that's going to be show up in the Tokyo Game Show 2022. Some of the games they are going to be showing in the event are ;

1. Resident Evil Village (PSVR2 and Shadows of Rose expansion)

2. Street Fighter 6

3. Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection

4. Monster Hunter Rise : Sunbreak

On 9/8/2022 at 7:00 PM, Shagger said:

@Kane99 seems very excited and although I'm keeping my expectation very low, I hope at least one of the AAA gaming companies give us something to be excited about.

I'm always excited for shows that showcase new and upcoming games. And I think this also works out into a game award show, so we may see some awards dished out too. 

I checked the site and found the Exhibitors List below. 

https://tgs.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2022/pdf/tgs0831newsen.pdf

Noticed Capcom and a few others on the list. I see Kojima is going to be there, so maybe we'll get a tease or announcement of his next game. Notice anyone you are psyched about seeing? 

On 9/12/2022 at 10:30 PM, Kane99 said:

I'm always excited for shows that showcase new and upcoming games. And I think this also works out into a game award show, so we may see some awards dished out too. 

I checked the site and found the Exhibitors List below. 

https://tgs.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2022/pdf/tgs0831newsen.pdf

Noticed Capcom and a few others on the list. I see Kojima is going to be there, so maybe we'll get a tease or announcement of his next game. Notice anyone you are psyched about seeing? 

I have always listed a few games that Capcom would be showing in the event. I kinda picked interest in some of the games they are bringing up in the Tokyo Game Show. 

Personal two highlights for me so far :

• Announcement of two new yakuza games and a release in the west of Like a Dragon: Ishin! or Ryu ga Gotoku Ishin! as it was previously called.
  • Microsoft who finally gets it and is starting getting more and more jrpg's and other more japanese titles on their platform, why are you only realising now that western players like their jrpg's, you should have realised that 10 years ago. Here is hoping a lot of these games get physical releases because yeah microsoft, people still buy their games on a disc in 2022. 

Overall if anything is to be believed 2023 is shaping up the be one of the best years in gaming, well i'm sure a couple of games are going to be delayed but damn 2023 is going to be so much better then this year.

Edited by Yaramaki

49 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Overall if anything is to be believed 2023 is shaping up the be one of the best years in gaming, well i'm sure a couple of games are going to be delayed but damn 2023 is going to be so much better then this year.

A lot of games have been delayed right since 2021 through 2022 and most of them are likely getting released next year. It's definitely going to be an awesome blast of a year for all of us. 

I'm watching this guy's channel now. 

Kojima teased this:

https://novicegamerguides.com/news/hideo-kojimas-next-game-teased-by-kojima-productions/

rscb1-1

Doesn't tell us much of anything, but I'm guessing it'll have a custom character creator. That's my guess anyway. Or it could be someone with amnesia, and you have to figure out who they are and where they came from. But according to the article it could be the main character of his upcoming horror game starring actress Margaret Qualley. I'm excited to find out more. 

Oh, and can't not include this: 

RE Village Gold Edition and Resident Evil 4 trailers. 

Edited by Kane99

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Kojima teased this:

https://novicegamerguides.com/news/hideo-kojimas-next-game-teased-by-kojima-productions/

rscb1-1

Doesn't tell us much of anything, but I'm guessing it'll have a custom character creator. That's my guess anyway. Or it could be someone with amnesia, and you have to figure out who they are and where they came from. But according to the article it could be the main character of his upcoming horror game starring actress Margaret Qualley. I'm excited to find out more. 

Oh, and can't not include this: 

RE Village Gold Edition and Resident Evil 4 trailers. 

I can't wait for October 28th 2022 for the release of RE Village Gold Edition. The Winters Expansion looks solid and it looks like they have done a decent job with it. 

Let's be honest. Nobody here was really expecting to see Silent Hill today. Were they? 😄

I mean, if it's not during the watershed time schedule, you know it's not likely to feature anywhere on the show. But then there's that side of you that just watched the entire damn torturous thing anyway.