Register Now
Kane99

Tokyo Game Show 2022

20 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

Let's be honest. Nobody here was really expecting to see Silent Hill today. Were they? 😄

I mean, if it's not during the watershed time schedule, you know it's not likely to feature anywhere on the show. But then there's that side of you that just watched the entire damn torturous thing anyway. 

Honestly, I don't really think they have any new plans for developing a new Silent Hill game. Forget all the rumours and crap going on online, if there was anything concrete for a while now, we would have seen it. I no longer have any exception on it. 

I'll give it one last chance at the Game Awards. But it's boring seeing these so-called leakers saying the same things. It's as if one rumour ends, only for another one to fall into place.

It's to the point where I can still remember being excited for last year's Tokyo Game Show for the same reason, only to feel it was a colossal waste of time.

God, time really does fly. That really doesn't even feel like it was a whole year ago. But indeed, it was.

2 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

I'll give it one last chance at the Game Awards. But it's boring seeing these so-called leakers saying the same things. It's as if one rumour ends, only for another one to fall into place.

It's to the point where I can still remember being excited for last year's Tokyo Game Show for the same reason, only to feel it was a colossal waste of time.

God, time really does fly. That really doesn't even feel like it was a whole year ago. But indeed, it was.

I have waited being hopeful on it for a while now but I keep getting pegged back with disappointment, and I have had it up to here with their hand wringing. I'm done!! 

I'm very sure that it's still going to be the same story like they did in last year's event. 

I miss The Evil Within and Silent Hill just as much. They are two series that are very similar. But the former series has not had a new entry since 2017. So we have to grieve and move on forward.

People believe that Bethesda's GhostWire: Tokyo was supposed to be the third entry. But it is not linked.

What was everyone's favorite reveal/trailer? I'm really looking forward to the new Kojima game on Xbox, curious to see what that game is going to be. I hope it's really scary looking too. Other than that, nothing really interested me. Maybe Tekken 8, but I don't care a whole lot for fighting games. 

On 9/16/2022 at 2:27 PM, Candy Stick said:

Let's be honest. Nobody here was really expecting to see Silent Hill today. Were they? 😄

I mean, if it's not during the watershed time schedule, you know it's not likely to feature anywhere on the show. But then there's that side of you that just watched the entire damn torturous thing anyway. 

Yeah I figured there wouldn't be anything about a new Silent Hill or a remake. I don't think Konami is going to make a new game in the series anytime soon. But, hopefully I'm wrong. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

What was everyone's favorite reveal/trailer? I'm really looking forward to the new Kojima game on Xbox, curious to see what that game is going to be. I hope it's really scary looking too. Other than that, nothing really interested me. Maybe Tekken 8, but I don't care a whole lot for fighting games. 

Yeah I figured there wouldn't be anything about a new Silent Hill or a remake. I don't think Konami is going to make a new game in the series anytime soon. But, hopefully I'm wrong. 

The sooner gamers move on from all the expectations on the new Silent Hill Game or its remake, the better for everyone because I don't think they are willing or even ready to do anything on the game for now. I kinda enjoyed playing Tekken and it's why I'm very much interested in the 8th release of the game. 

I used to be a big Tekken fan in the beginning of my tenure as a PlayStation gamer, and that was in 1998. However, horror games were my primary focus for years thereafter.

I still remember seeing figures in a shop that I think got turned into a pub called The Red Lion, which also no longer operates. But why was the Panda one so tiny? LOL. 

It was fun unlocking the characters that were hidden away as bonuses. Like, you know? Gon the dinosaur, etc. There was also Gon picture comics. So therefore, Gon was actually used under license. There were other fighters too, like the drunk scientist. The guy could barely stand up.

Maybe I will try the 8th entry. 

2 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Did anything really happen? I saw little news on it, seem Nintendo and Sony wanted to do their own thing before TGS happened lol.

I think Tekken 8 counts, although I'm not sure if it was actually announced or just fully revealed. Yakuza became Like A Dragon for some stupid reason. Deathloop got a release date on the Xbox. Street Fighter 6 got its roster reveal. RE: Village got some DLC.

On 9/25/2022 at 11:01 PM, Techno said:

I think Tekken 8 counts, although I'm not sure if it was actually announced or just fully revealed. Yakuza became Like A Dragon for some stupid reason. Deathloop got a release date on the Xbox. Street Fighter 6 got its roster reveal. RE: Village got some DLC.

For what should be the closing out biggest gaming event of the year, that is pretty weak.

On 9/18/2022 at 12:29 PM, Candy Stick said:

I miss The Evil Within and Silent Hill just as much. They are two series that are very similar. But the former series has not had a new entry since 2017. So we have to grieve and move on forward.

People believe that Bethesda's GhostWire: Tokyo was supposed to be the third entry. But it is not linked.

Ghostwire isn't like the other two to be fair and Konami's Abandoned isn't any kind of successor to Silent Hill despite what they tried to claim a few years back.

On 9/22/2022 at 2:28 PM, thesaunderschild said:

I used to be a big Tekken fan in the beginning of my tenure as a PlayStation gamer, and that was in 1998. However, horror games were my primary focus for years thereafter.

I still remember seeing figures in a shop that I think got turned into a pub called The Red Lion, which also no longer operates. But why was the Panda one so tiny? LOL. 

It was fun unlocking the characters that were hidden away as bonuses. Like, you know? Gon the dinosaur, etc. There was also Gon picture comics. So therefore, Gon was actually used under license. There were other fighters too, like the drunk scientist. The guy could barely stand up.

Maybe I will try the 8th entry. 

For a longer period I was more into fighter games like Tekken, mortal Kombat and street fighter and before I even got a console I did play them on PC.

I have not been playing a lot of them lately but I am considering getting back with Tekken hopefully.