Register Now
Yaramaki

Do you listen to video game soundtracks outside of gaming?

As stated in topic title do you listen to specific video game music when you are not playing videogames? Let's try avoid licensed songs and soundtracks as that would be the easy way out. If you don't mind list a couple of examples aswell. 

As for me the only soundtrack i'd listen when i'm not gaming would be to the first Shenmue sountrack but even that has been years as exept for the radio at work i don't listen to music all that much anymore.

Edited by Yaramaki

It has to be a really good soundtrack for me to bother, like uniquely emotional in the context of the story in the game. Leliana's Song, the Elven funeral hymn from Dragon Age: Origins is one big example I recently mentioned in a post:

I always love to save the Brecilian Forest quest for last because of this scene, because it feels more thematically appropriate to have such an emotional song when you've gathered all the main characters and have gone through devastating quests full of hard decisions together.

And of course, there's Mass Effect games because they're functionally like a big epic space opera movie, not just games, and so it makes sense that their soundtrack kicks ass like Star Wars.

I love the end credits score. It embodies the grand scale adventure of the trilogy full of drama and danger.

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You're right about that!! I could easily rate the game at least 8/10 with how good it was enjoyable to play in just about everything in the game. 

Yeah, it scratched the DOOM itch since Eternal came out 2 years prior. Very pretty environments and fun mechanics. I wish it was a little longer though and that you could replay it in missions rather than having to play the entire game all over again. 

I would rate it a 7.5/10 myself.

Also have you heard about Evil West? The same developers that made SW3 are releasing that in November.

Edited by NightmareFarm

7 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Also have you heard about Evil West? The same developers that made SW3 are releasing that in November.

Yeah, I have heard about Evil West - the upcoming action adventure video game being developed by Flying Wild Hog to be published by Focus Entertainment. It's been delayed to be released on 22nd November, 2022. 

2 hours ago, Rainbow Road said:

Not sure if it counts but I use to bump that Killer Cuts CD that came with the original Killer Instinct game. 

And I do listen to some Mario and Street Fighter music.

The Street Fighter soundtrack is one of the best that I have listened to. I had to download it some months ago and play it some mornings when I am at the gym.