Register Now
Kane99

Disney is remastering Sega Genesis classic ‘Gargoyles’

Awesome news for those who were into Gargoyles growing up. I really enjoyed the show a ton, but never really played any of the games. Though I hear the Sega Genesis game is pretty decent. And it looks like Disney knows this as they're remastering the Sega Genesis classic; Gargoyles. 

Gargoyles was a popular cartoon in the 90s. I remember watching it a ton as a kid and also had a couple of the action figures. So I may get this game when it drops. Are you? 

Source of news - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/disney-is-remastering-sega-genesis-classic-e2-80-98gargoyles-e2-80-99/ar-AA11HWDt

Frankly, I'd rather see the TV show come back, but that's the breaks. To be fair though the game has a solid reputation and is generally one of the better remembered licence games out there. I never played it myself, so I can't say, but this is a project worth keeping an eye on for sure.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

Frankly, I'd rather see the TV show come back, but that's the breaks. To be fair though the game has a solid reputation and is generally one of the better remembered licence games out there. I never played it myself, so I can't say, but this is a project worth keeping an eye on for sure.

Yup, the TV show coming back would be awesome. I swear I heard rumors about them reviving the show a while back, but haven't heard much about it since. And yeah I never had the chance to play it, but now that it's getting remastered, maybe it's time I change that. 🙂 

Disney had a lot of money for remastering their classic cartoons bring to day like Warner Bros did same thing for Batman and Superman IP's so Disney have to do that for 90's classics like Marvel Animated Universe, Gargoyles, Recess etc. Is Disney a poor company? Nope! So they can getting out the awful blurry looks from old cartoons. That's all

10 hours ago, Empire said:

Disney had a lot of money for remastering their classic cartoons bring to day like Warner Bros did same thing for Batman and Superman IP's so Disney have to do that for 90's classics like Marvel Animated Universe, Gargoyles, Recess etc. Is Disney a poor company? Nope! So they can getting out the awful blurry looks from old cartoons. That's all

Would be nice if they keep remastering their classics like this. I know we got Ducktales a while back. So I'd welcome even more, like the many Mickey Mouse games, the classics like Aladdin, The Jungle Book, etc. I wouldn't mind remasters of those games as well. 

On 9/12/2022 at 10:33 PM, Kane99 said:

Would be nice if they keep remastering their classics like this. I know we got Ducktales a while back. So I'd welcome even more, like the many Mickey Mouse games, the classics like Aladdin, The Jungle Book, etc. I wouldn't mind remasters of those games as well. 

That would be nice so that it runs on todays hardware as older titles and games just doesn't like new hardware and won't run 😛 I like to see so many games to be renewed

Retro games run on new tech, it's just that it was never optimized for the TV's we have today. The consoles back then used the red, yellow, white connections or rca I think they called it. So that only puts off like 480p or probably less I'm not sure. 

But with emulation you can do a lot. Games look crisp on my RetroPie setup. Of course nothing beats playing these games on a crt tv, as it just looks right. Also nostalgia. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

When it's eventually released which platform would it be available in.

I know it was a Sega Genesis game but I hope it to be compatible with other platforms like Xbox and pc as well.

It's probably going to be multiplatform and released digitally on most marketplaces. I don't think Sega owns the license for it anymore either, so it's all Disney from here on out. Which means they could put this game on every platform if they want, which is probably what they will do to make as much money from it as possible. 

This is one of the few Disney Genesis titles that I never played. It's cool that we're getting a re-release of this classic on modern platforms! I'm probably going to skip this release though, I've got a Everdrive and four Genesis so I can easily play the original on my real Genesis and CRT tv.