Register Now
Yaramaki

Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom announced comes out on may 12 2023

1 hour ago, harleyqbx said:

That looks really beautiful. I can't wait to play it. BoTW is my favorite games to waste copious amounts of time in. 

Agreed - I just got Breath Of The Wild the other day and I absolutely love it! That being said - this game looks absolutely incredible and I can't wait to see more of it as the release date approaches.

Personally I wasn't impressed with BOTW. I don't like the mechanics, the fragility of weapons, the lack of rupees to be able to buy anything in the game. ANd the graphics are just a hair better then Wind Waker. that's saying something, because the Wind Waker graphics are nothing short of vomit inducing. If I want to play a cartooney Zelda game, I have NES, SNES, N64, and Gameboy to play them on. If I'm going to go for a new game the graphics had better be equal to, or better than Twilight Princess. But considering the route they have gone, they don't give a shit. In my opinion, the quality of the Zelda Franchise started going down at the release of the Game Cube, and that trend has only gotten worse ever since. Which is sad, because The Legend Of Zelda is one of my favorite franchise's in all of gaming. It got me through an extremely abusive childhood.

I wasn't a fan of Breath of the Wild either. The world was far to big and difficult to traverse.  It's a ridiculous amount of busy work to expand the health and stamina gages enough to make any progress.  The Inventory (for weapons in particular) was far to small and badly designed which wouldn't have been such an issue if you have to switch weapons every 10 seconds during combat because they break all the time.  For everything that is great about it like the combat, puzzles and depth of exploration and secrets that Zelda games are known for, there is something else needlessly tedious and/or down right annoying as hell.

This is most likley going to be a prime example of quality taking time. When game studios actually take their time and don't rush their games, they can come out as masterpieces. I'm honestly so hyped for this, great job to all of the people who put so much effort into this and BOTW

10 hours ago, Empire said:

This is most likley going to be a prime example of quality taking time. When game studios actually take their time and don't rush their games, they can come out as masterpieces. I'm honestly so hyped for this, great job to all of the people who put so much effort into this and BOTW

You're so right about that!! Once they are able to keep their greed and haste to get gamers money aside and truly work on their games, they usually don't disappoint with their release. With this one in development, we in for hell of a game next year. 

On 9/17/2022 at 11:13 PM, Heatman said:

You're so right about that!! Once they are able to keep their greed and haste to get gamers money aside and truly work on their games, they usually don't disappoint with their release. With this one in development, we in for hell of a game next year. 

Shame that MSFS was not like it when they had it for all the world to see with so much things wrong with it 😞 two years later aren't all have not been resloved

On 9/13/2022 at 7:04 PM, killamch89 said:

Agreed - I just got Breath Of The Wild the other day and I absolutely love it! That being said - this game looks absolutely incredible and I can't wait to see more of it as the release date approaches.

Sadly, there was a friend of mine who said that he doesn't like The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild and I couldn't understand his reasons for not liking the game because I couldn't find any fault with the game. 

I'm kind of bummed that it's taken this long, when I know that I'm not going to be wowed in the same way as with BotW because it'll still be "just a sequel" in its core, so the hype has kinda fizzled out for me. It'll probably still be fun, but I'm kind of hoping that the next Zelda game after this won't just be more of the same since it sold so well, mainly because it'll fall into the same rut Aonuma complained about up until the release of BotW.

Good to finally hear an announcement, thought it would have been sooner, but better now than never I say. I haven't played the last game, so I doubt I'd be buying this one myself, but maybe I'll catch my nephew playing the new game when it drops. I can watch it that way instead. 😄

19 hours ago, Tonberry said:

I'm kind of bummed that it's taken this long, when I know that I'm not going to be wowed in the same way as with BotW because it'll still be "just a sequel" in its core, so the hype has kinda fizzled out for me. It'll probably still be fun, but I'm kind of hoping that the next Zelda game after this won't just be more of the same since it sold so well, mainly because it'll fall into the same rut Aonuma complained about up until the release of BotW.

They definitely need to get more creative with the new Legend of Zelda game's, otherwise it's going to end up burning out their fans. Breath of the Wild was super interesting and I'm really hoping that they do something exceptional in the next one they are working on now. 

On 9/13/2022 at 4:03 PM, Yaramaki said:

In case you missed it but man talk about a suprise Nintendo finally announced a release date alongside a new trailer. Apparently the sequel to Breath of the wild is going to be called Tears of the kingdom. Man this got me exited, anybody else hyped?

Yo! I am pretty excited and can't just wait for the game to come in May next year. This is one of the best news that I've waited for so long. Hopefully, the new release will be worth it at the end of the day.