Register Now
Kane99

GoldenEye 007 is finally coming to Xbox and Nintendo Switch

19 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I think the 360 version of perfect dark is to blame for that, I heard online play for that was pretty dead. But if popular enough on Nintendo, I could see MS bringing online play.

Not really because there have been lots of successful FPS games with multiplayer modes for the Xbox so the decision not to include it baffles me evern more.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Not really because there have been lots of successful FPS games with multiplayer modes for the Xbox so the decision not to include it baffles me evern more.

Lots of modern successful FPS games have gotten online support, this is just a 4k upsized game from the N64 days. We can still hope it gets some love down the road though.

20 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Lots of modern successful FPS games have gotten online support, this is just a 4k upsized game from the N64 days. We can still hope it gets some love down the road though.

But we come back to the same point again - why does the same game get online support on one platform while not being available on another and the game is going to cost the same?

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

But we come back to the same point again - why does the same game get online support on one platform while not being available on another and the game is going to cost the same?

Xbox version does come with enhancements, so it earns its cost with that.

After the first time I played golden eye on the N64 I haven't played any other golden eye game.

It was fun to play but back then I didn't own an N64 so I couldn't get enough playing time with, I would get the Nintendo version of the Golden eye 007 and experience what it's like again after so long.

Well it's happening. Goldeneye 007 is coming to Xbox Game pass in just a couple days. You can see the reveal trailer below. 

I might download it to see how different it feels gameplay wise. But from the looks of it, it's exactly the same game from what I see. There will probably be some changes due to copyright and all that, so I wonder what else has been changed from the original base game to now. 

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well it's happening. Goldeneye 007 is coming to Xbox Game pass in just a couple days. You can see the reveal trailer below. 

I might download it to see how different it feels gameplay wise. But from the looks of it, it's exactly the same game from what I see. There will probably be some changes due to copyright and all that, so I wonder what else has been changed from the original base game to now. 

The copyright thing is a fair concern, after all the original developer couldn't make the follow up 007 game because the lost the licence after the started making it, and we all know what came out of that...

image_2023-01-26_011952957.png.79d47422b3ec25e1cd275704f85473cd.png

Back to point, I actually do think that now Microsoft own Rare and becasue we have already seen things like Rare replay that includes Rare games originally on Nintendo consoles, that convinces me Nintendo have long since sold these IP's and copyrights, otherwise we would have seen some action from them years. I mean it is Nintendo and we all what they're like. So, nah, I'm not worried. Why keep the dated graphics if you can't even produce the original soundtrack, for example? That wouldn't make sense.

19 hours ago, Shagger said:

The copyright thing is a fair concern, after all the original developer couldn't make the follow up 007 game because the lost the licence after the started making it, and we all know what came out of that...

image_2023-01-26_011952957.png.79d47422b3ec25e1cd275704f85473cd.png

Back to point, I actually do think that now Microsoft own Rare and becasue we have already seen things like Rare replay that includes Rare games originally on Nintendo consoles, that convinces me Nintendo have long since sold these IP's and copyrights, otherwise we would have seen some action from them years. I mean it is Nintendo and we all what they're like. So, nah, I'm not worried. Why keep the dated graphics if you can't even produce the original soundtrack, for example? That wouldn't make sense.

I just hope they don't change that menu theme song, because that song is fire no lie. As long as most of the soundtrack is intact, I think I'll be good. But yeah, there's got to be some licensing stuff going on with it. Otherwise this probably would have been released months or years ago. 

I don't know how the copyright works there. I assume that Microsoft owns the game itself, but had to license the Goldeneye/007 name/characters side of it all over again. I think the big reason why this took so long, is because of the 007 aspect of it. Maybe they had to go through some hoops to workout the licensing again. 

I believe this is dropping today on Game Pass unless I am mistaken? I read 27th January on a post on social media earlier when a friend shared it as he plans to play with friends this weekend. Going to be jumping on myself this weekend if I can, believe it should be live now on Game Pass unless they are dropping it a little later.

13 minutes ago, Shortie said:

I believe this is dropping today on Game Pass unless I am mistaken? I read 27th January on a post on social media earlier when a friend shared it as he plans to play with friends this weekend. Going to be jumping on myself this weekend if I can, believe it should be live now on Game Pass unless they are dropping it a little later.

Yup, today. Also dropping for the Switch tool. Sadly, it looks like the Xbox version doesn't come with online multiplayer, but the switch version does. If that is true, then I think the best version you could get would be on the Switch. 

https://www.theloadout.com/goldeneye-007/xbox-no-online-multiplayer

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yup, today. Also dropping for the Switch tool. Sadly, it looks like the Xbox version doesn't come with online multiplayer, but the switch version does. If that is true, then I think the best version you could get would be on the Switch. 

https://www.theloadout.com/goldeneye-007/xbox-no-online-multiplayer

Oh that's a shame if that is the case, many people were eager to play multiplayer on the Xbox so that is going to be a bummer for those who were wanting to do that. I guess with it being part of Nintendo Online on the Switch that is an alternative for those who wanted to play multiplayer if they have a Switch.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:22 PM, Shortie said:

Oh that's a shame if that is the case, many people were eager to play multiplayer on the Xbox so that is going to be a bummer for those who were wanting to do that. I guess with it being part of Nintendo Online on the Switch that is an alternative for those who wanted to play multiplayer if they have a Switch.

Yeah doesn't make any sense to me. The Xbox got a 4K upscaled version I guess, and that's why it didn't come with any online features. Which seems dumb to me, because why not just add it on? Is it that only one can be included or something? 

But yeah, Xbox fans were complaining about it, and I can understand. Many of us want to play it online, so doesn't make sense to not have MP included. 

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah doesn't make any sense to me. The Xbox got a 4K upscaled version I guess, and that's why it didn't come with any online features. Which seems dumb to me, because why not just add it on? Is it that only one can be included or something? 

But yeah, Xbox fans were complaining about it, and I can understand. Many of us want to play it online, so doesn't make sense to not have MP included. 

I'm not touching it until they remedy this foolishness. It's nonsensical that these people didn't think about including online in the Xbox version just because the Xbox version was upscaled...Why would any Xbox fans buy the game in this state?