Register Now
Kane99

GoldenEye 007 is finally coming to Xbox and Nintendo Switch

26 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not touching it until they remedy this foolishness. It's nonsensical that these people didn't think about including online in the Xbox version just because the Xbox version was upscaled...Why would any Xbox fans buy the game in this state?

It still has split screen options, so couch gaming is still possible with friends. It's just that online MP doesn't work. I do agree with you though, it doesn't make sense not to include online mp when the Switch has it. And sure, we got the upscaled version, but I'm sure they could have still added online mp to the game. 

Unless there's some deal with Nintendo that doesn't allow them to have online. I don't know if Goldeneye the franchise is owned by Nintendo or not, if it is, then I can see that being a cause. 

On 1/31/2023 at 6:04 PM, Kane99 said:

It still has split screen options, so couch gaming is still possible with friends. It's just that online MP doesn't work. I do agree with you though, it doesn't make sense not to include online mp when the Switch has it. And sure, we got the upscaled version, but I'm sure they could have still added online mp to the game. 

Unless there's some deal with Nintendo that doesn't allow them to have online. I don't know if Goldeneye the franchise is owned by Nintendo or not, if it is, then I can see that being a cause. 

It would seem that Rare are who own Goldeneye 007 and with Microsoft now owning Rare that means that Microsoft now own Goldeneye 007. Now I know Goldeneye 007 was made by Rare for Nintendo as it was released on the Nintendo 64 and it was published by Nintendo. It could be that because it was published by Nintendo even though Microsoft own Rare now, Nintendo could still have some rights and that could be why multiplayer is not on the Xbox but is on Nintendo. 

I've heard that Goldeneye 007's Xbox port really isn't that great. It's a shame too, there was supposed to be a XBLA remaster of the game that was worked on by Rare in the late 00's that would have been a far more polished version of the game. But however, due to licensing issues it was never released and was actually leaked in 2021. If the developers were allowed to use this port of the game, it really would have been much better.

On 2/26/2023 at 2:10 PM, Ravenfreak said:

I've heard that Goldeneye 007's Xbox port really isn't that great. It's a shame too, there was supposed to be a XBLA remaster of the game that was worked on by Rare in the late 00's that would have been a far more polished version of the game. But however, due to licensing issues it was never released and was actually leaked in 2021. If the developers were allowed to use this port of the game, it really would have been much better.

Oh I thought it was a fan remake/remaster, but yeah, I remember seeing screenshots of the work they done, and it looked way better. But sadly it didn't come to light. Maybe we'll see it now that Microsoft and Nintendo are more chill together.