Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does anyone here willingly engage in microtransactions? In what games?

Remember cheat codes? Why can't I just use a cheat code to unlock a car in single player but make those cars unavailable online. If you want to give those cars to people who don't have time to play this game for 500 hours them just give them the cars. Don't make them pay more for shit that's already on the 60 dollar disc they bought.

Nah, i stay away from that shit at all times. As @Empire mentioned above it's pretty tempting to just buy a bunch of really rare cars in games like forza or gran turismo with real money especially since some cars in forza horizon 5 for example you won't even have enough money by completing every fucking race in the game making them damn near impossible to obtain unless you buy them with real money or are lucky enough to get them trough a wheelspin which in turn is no guarentee whatsoever. I tought about getting the vip pass for forza horizon 5 but again the only thing worth it would be the extra house that gives you a super wheelspin every week and the double credits you are getting and some extra cosmetic items for your avatar nobody cares about, talk about a fucking deal for 19.99.

I always loved the forza series but i'll be damned with all this hidden microtransaction crap in there recent entries i'm not having any of it, like the autopass for an additional 34.99 you get an additional 42 cars man what fucking deal but no thanks i'm good. I know that is dlc but you are essentialy paying for these cars to get them in the game, so i'd say this is about the same as paying to unlock a rare car.

I get it with a free to play game ala fortnite, you throw a couple of bucks at it and are good to go but with a full price release that sort off practices don't belong there as it's just smells of greed and you know if everybody would stop buying these things, devs may actually think twice about including them. Which makes me glad that loot boxes are being labeled as gambling the next step should be that parents should be made more aware of this pratice that it can cause a gambling problem with their children later on in life. 

Edited by Yaramaki

6 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I get it with a free to play game ala fortnite, you throw a couple of bucks at it and are good to go but with a full price release that sort off practices don't belong there as it's just smells of greed and you know if everybody would stop buying these things, devs may actually think twice about including them. Which makes me glad that loot boxes are being labeled as gambling the next step should be that parents should be made more aware of this pratice that it can cause a gambling problem with their children later on in life. 

Yeah with free to play it makes more sense. And I especially accept it more when it's a smaller studio doing it themselves. Even though it's Epic Games, I feel like what I pay for it, gives me what I want. 

But with a paid for game, I don't like that there are items behind a paywall. Like single player should offer unlockables at least. Maybe online a mix of unlockable and paid for items. I'd be fine if we unlocked items still, and rare and unique items, not items everyone gets. I think that'd be cool. 

5 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

I have gotten involved in microtransactions on Call of Duty mobile and I did so because I want my team to be top on the rankings. You cannot just achieve more on COD without having to spend a lot of money.

All the recent Call of Duty games were never worth spending on its microtransactions. I did tried doing it a few times when I was playing Call of Duty Vanguard but I had to put an end to it quickly. 

I used to pay quite a hefty sum for mobile games like FarmVille and other niched management games. They're so predatory, especially the latter, because their only "management" is to click a button and earn money in the game that way.

The only PC games where I got myself willingly engaging in microtransactions would be the dead game, Marvel Heroes 2016, but the microtransaction for that wasn't as bad as other games that use lootboxes, because I only paid for aesthetic items like Spider-Man's alternate costumes, where were a lot of fun because they came with different voice actors you might recognize from your childhood cartoons, like Christopher Daniel Barnes voicing the symbiote Spider-Man. That game was pretty decent, so it's too bad it died.

9 hours ago, Akun said:

I used to pay quite a hefty sum for mobile games like FarmVille and other niched management games. They're so predatory, especially the latter, because their only "management" is to click a button and earn money in the game that way.

The only PC games where I got myself willingly engaging in microtransactions would be the dead game, Marvel Heroes 2016, but the microtransaction for that wasn't as bad as other games that use lootboxes, because I only paid for aesthetic items like Spider-Man's alternate costumes, where were a lot of fun because they came with different voice actors you might recognize from your childhood cartoons, like Christopher Daniel Barnes voicing the symbiote Spider-Man. That game was pretty decent, so it's too bad it died.

Getting caught up in lootboxes is the height of it for me when it comes to spending money on games. It's so sad that these guys go to any extent to have their way into gamers pocket and milk them so hard. It's one gaming practice that should be rooted out by all means. 

The only games I ever remember spending any money in was Champions Online and that was my first and last time ever really spending any substantial money on microtransactions. I usually stay away from them for the most part especially the mobile games because they have the most aggressive microtransaction systems in the gaming industry.

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

For a while when I was still interested in fortnite and asphalt I usually willingly engaged in micro transactions because I am either Interested in getting a new skin or weapon for fortnite or getting a super fast car for asphalt.

To be fair, Fortnite skins are actually on the cheaper side. Asphalt is the mobile racing game, right? I've never really bought anything in-game so I don't know how much the cars cost.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be fair, Fortnite skins are actually on the cheaper side. Asphalt is the mobile racing game, right? I've never really bought anything in-game so I don't know how much the cars cost.

The cars costs a a few cents depending on the model and specifications of the car you want to get.

The last skin I got in fortnite was the Spiderman Zero war out from the fortnite x Marvel: zero war comic which cost a few bucks.