Register Now
StaceyPowers

Virtual worlds as safe/therapeutic spaces

15 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

The benefits that  comes with getting one far outweighs the cost and I think you should save in order to get the one that you really need at the moment. 

For someone who can't afford it right now, no matter how good the benefits looks like, it's not going to make any difference. Till I can afford to buy it, I'll keep my expectations at bay. 

On 9/28/2022 at 10:29 PM, killamch89 said:

Gaming does tend to help you take your mind off reality - even for a temporary moment. That being said, just don't expect Meta's virtual worlds to be safe spaces. Don't know what I'm talking about? Check this out:

This is just a bad case of moderation. I think the metaverse and other virtual worlds need to give children their own little area while adults their own. Or better yet, only friends and family can be a part of your metaverse. And to be honest, I don't think kids should be on these virtual worlds, at least not too often. 

Flower. The game my better half finished (who is not a gamer) and I didn't. Meant to be a fully therapeutic and relaxing experience It really says something about what it's like to live with me...

This game has literally no challenge and no story, but the task is meant to empty your mind to achieve pure ambiance and a feeling of pure peace.

(Full disclaimer, we both played this game on PS3, but PS3 footage because of the way the copyright protection worked on that console looks like shit these days, so this is from somebody else's PS4 playthrough I found on YouTube)

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

This is just a bad case of moderation. I think the metaverse and other virtual worlds need to give children their own little area while adults their own. Or better yet, only friends and family can be a part of your metaverse. And to be honest, I don't think kids should be on these virtual worlds, at least not too often. 

To be fair, the Metaverse has always been a rushed project and most other companies and consumers haven't bought into it so it's slowly dieing (I'm so glad). I didn't want Facebook to create it.

On 9/28/2022 at 9:29 PM, killamch89 said:

Gaming does tend to help you take your mind off reality - even for a temporary moment. That being said, just don't expect Meta's virtual worlds to be safe spaces. Don't know what I'm talking about? Check this out:

That's exactly what I have been trying to say here. And nobody paid any attention to it. 

Can a mod please link this? Under VR forum