Register Now
StaceyPowers

Scheduling gaming sessions with friends

On 9/14/2022 at 9:11 AM, Kane99 said:

I usually just tell my friends when I'm going to be on. Or they will tell me. Sometimes we have to figure out a day, but usually we just let each other know when we can game. And then we hang out for a bit on Discord. 

Same but I make sure to tell them I'm stopping by 11. My old bones need to get some sleep and I just can't be bothered with staying up all night and gaming anymore.

It doesn't happen so much now but way back in 2008 - 2009 I used to have a few friends that I would game with that lived in the US and I am in the UK. We would have a 5-hour time difference and they would work, and I would work, and it would be difficult to try and find the time to get together and game because of the time difference. We in the end did manage to find a time that we could all be online and get to hang out and game but the busier everyone got, the less that became until it just pretty much phased out altogether and we stopped playing together. I would hope that one day we could possibly pick back up just like we used to and hang out like we used to but at the moment, it's not looking like a possibility. 

I create my own schedule and if I am to  have an online gaming session with my friends i already have it planned a day before, so I try to clear out every other activities so I could be available as already planned.

Working from home and been self employed has given me more flexibility and I could manage my time conveniently.