Register Now
StaceyPowers

Multitasking non-gaming tasks while gaming

Yes, While streaming on twitch and playing a game ot flying in my case is Multitasking 🙂 Got to read and talk to the chat and read all that I have to do regards when I fly, deal with errors that may comeup. Most big streamers have people do most thigns for them, but small people ahve no chance and so they do it themselves 

Not really, but I do watch YouTube videos while doing boring grinding on Devil Survivor: Overclocked, or playing music while I'm gaming in certain simulation games like Farming Simulator. I would fall asleep if I devote my entire attention to those games all day. Their grinding and simulation can get boring after a while.

How can doing that be possible to even begin with? I don't see it being possible when you're supposed to be holding the controller with your both hands. If you're playing on PC with mouse and keyboard, how can you do other things except you would pause at one time to do them? 

On 9/15/2022 at 8:03 AM, Heatman said:

How can doing that be possible to even begin with? I don't see it being possible when you're supposed to be holding the controller with your both hands. If you're playing on PC with mouse and keyboard, how can you do other things except you would pause at one time to do them? 

It depends - like drawn out cutscenes or longer than usual loading times provide a small gap to do something else. I primarily focus on gaming only and try not do anything else or go grab a snack real quick.

I do that with FIFA a lot I find that it is relaxing to listen to a podcast while I play FIFA and sometimes, I can't make use of my hands while gaming because I have them clinched to my controllers but I could listen to something else other than the game original sound track while I play.

1 hour ago, Rain Dew said:

If I’m playing ff14 I’ll watch tv while I play. If RDR2 then I’ll listen to YouTube 

I do the same with rdr2, but instead of YouTube I'll listen to Spotify or something. I'll sometimes watch a movie at the same time, but I find that it's a bit too hard to pay attention to a movie when I'm gaming. 

I used to be able to do this years ago, I would find myself working on work or homework I would need to get done and also playing games. Now that I am older, I unfortunately find that I am unable to focus on more than just one thing and multitask on things such as gaming and work like I used to. Now I either sit and work or I sit and game, I cannot do them both together as I get too confused, too out of routine and just end up giving up on both or just stopping doing one and not doing the other.

I am not sure if this is because I am older now or because of health issues I now had that can cause brain fog and for me to be easily confused but it's something I have noticed in the last few years.

When it comes to say multiplayer games and waiting in between matches, I am able to focus on something else whilst I wait but as soon as my game starts, I am straight back to focusing on the game rather than trying to continue what I was doing and play the game.

On 10/20/2022 at 4:39 PM, killamch89 said:

I mean you can get away with that while play turn-based RPGs like Final Fantasy although the more modern games are a bit different.

That's true, I can't watch a movie or something of that sort since it would take my attention off the game, maybe I game like God of war that requires my complete attention.

I could listen to something else but anything that requires I use my hand or eyes while gaming wouldn't be a good idea.