Register Now
StaceyPowers

Cannon endings that bother you?

Canon endings that bother me, that's a tough one, I honestly can't think of anything that I hated in regards to canon. At least when it comes to video games, I can't think of anything. Maybe movies and tv shows, but video games I'm having a hard time answering for. I'm sure there was something, but can't name anything. 

38 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Another Dumbass Moment

by The Blackangel

What does canon mean in this instance? I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

The canon in a video game (or any work of fiction) is what is considered and accepted as descriptions of the genuine events, locations and characters in that fictional world as opposed to something merely based on it or inspired from it. It's difference between something that's "made up" and something that's "real" in a fictional universe if that makes sense. For example, Sarah's death in The Last of Us is canon, but if somebody was to create a work of fiction telling an alternate story where she survived, that would be non-canon.

Edited by Shagger

13 hours ago, Shagger said:

The canon in a video game (or any work of fiction) is what is considered and accepted as descriptions of the genuine events, locations and characters in that fictional world as opposed to something merely based on it or inspired from it. It's difference between something that's "made up" and something that's "real" in a fictional universe if that makes sense. For example, Sarah's death in The Last of Us is canon, but if somebody was to create a work of fiction telling an alternate story where she survived, that would be non-canon.

We all know I have never played TLOU due to my phobia. Can you describe it in RDR2? That would make it a lot more easy to understand it, since I'm still confused by it, since I'm extremely familiar with RDR2. I know a hell of a lot about the game. Not everything, but I still have extensive knowledge about it.