Register Now
melanie_marie27

Best way to set up a PC + desk + comp chair

...when you don't have much room? I've always worked from my phone, and usually it's just chillin in bed with my head propped up on some pillows. 

I'm looking to set up a small laptop with some kind of desk/stand and chair so my neck gets a break. My neck always seems to be pushed forward/down while typing or doing anything on my phone, no matter which way I do it, I always seem to be looking down.

Anybody have a small PC display in a space with not much room? I wouldn't even know where to set it up, we're dealing with a 100 sq foot room and it's already loaded.

Thanks in advance 

On 9/14/2022 at 6:02 AM, Crazycrab said:

There are some PC desks that are compact, pair that with a Mesh office chair (I have one of these) and I think your have what you need.  Here are some examples:

image.png.2af594659c8d6dd84d6d353c3c6f56de.png

image.png.37c4f25bec083e5edf2259253a1e337e.png

41Y2rmn4BuL._AC_SY580_.jpg

41o+DxAdxiL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

You might also consider a Lapboard or Laptop Stand (the top image in mine):

IMG_20220814_004734.thumb.jpg.f2b409c22447c75dcea61ba94983ef26.jpg

image.png.4d817ff6b252d5eb7fcbc9eb507303c0.png

😯 ^^ These are perfect! I love how compact they are and don't hog up an entire area of a small room. Thanks so much! Especially for the pics. I need to show these to my mom.

On 9/14/2022 at 12:16 PM, Kane99 said:

A friend of mine uses an old door and a couple file cabinets for his desk. Not very stable I would imagine and probably takes up a lot of room. 

Haha!! How big is the door? Like a standard-sized door?

Believe it or not, I was even considering a small, wooden picnic table. But no back support. 😕 Would be kinda cool though.. put a little lantern in the center...

Thanks Kane

On 9/28/2022 at 4:22 AM, killamch89 said:

You could get a foldable laptop table that you can use in bed.  This is just an example by the way - you can get some adjustable ones that allow you to just lay in bed and work.

laptop table.jpg

A friend got this in 2020 and it was a joy to behold. You can adjust to fit into a particular area with less stress. The good side of it is how cheap that it is as well.

9 minutes ago, joblessdude said:

Always go with assembled PC. Consult a PC assembler nearby you. They can guide you better more than anyone else.

You clearly haven't read the OP and consequently didn't have an adequate understanding of what the OP was looking for advice about when you made your post.  They were asking about setting a Laptop with a desk and chair in a small space, not the PC itself.  Your making a lot of posts but your not making a good contribution if your not responding what other users are actually saying.

34 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

You clearly haven't read the OP and consequently didn't have an adequate understanding of what the OP was looking for advice about when you made your post.  They were asking about setting a Laptop with a desk and chair in a small space, not the PC itself.  Your making a lot of posts but your not making a good contribution if your not responding what other users are actually saying.

It has been mentioned as PC on the title. Kindly check it out. It's little bit confusing.

1 minute ago, joblessdude said:

It has been mentioned as PC on the title. Kindly check it out. It's little bit confusing.

Sorry, but @Crazycrab is right here. Thread titles are nice, but the words underneath them are important as well. If you can't be bothered to actually read threads, you have no business replying to them. We have had trouble here before with people just posting replies without care just add to the tally (Read about it in this thread here.), so I'm advising you to not follow in that example.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

Sorry, but @Crazycrab is right here. Thread titles are nice, but the words underneath them are important as well. If you can't be bothered to actually read threads, you have no business replying to them. We have had trouble here before with people just posting replies without care just add to the tally (Read about it in this thread here.), so I'm advising you to not follow in that example.

Got it. Will follow the same 

This is kinda gross, but I would get something sturdy that you have little to no chance and put it close to a bathroom. I live in a 3 bedroom house, and have converted one of them to an office. The desks that you have been shown so far are great, but don't look particularly sturdy to me. Also if you're getting a PC for work and not for gaming, I suggest an all-in-one as they only take up the space that you're monitor would take. I have an all-in-one for those kinds of things, and I love it. It's never hooked up to the internet, and is strictly for things like my writing and whatnot. They're light weight, compact, and a dream come true if you're just wanting it to work from. I also strongly recommend you go with an HP, as they're simply the best for computers like this. This is a pic of one in case this is confusing.

71DlQyfeNmL.jpg

Edited by The Blackangel

I use my bedroom as my office space what I did was get a furniture maker to construct a book shelves for me that comes with a table like compartment underneath where I can place my PC or maybe sit and work or write.

So the books stay at the top while the hollow place in the middle serves as my work table.

The single best battlestation upgrade I've made is to buy an actual Steelcase Leap chair. It was expensive - just over $1000 with very nice tan leather. That was ten years go and it's still awesome.

Then I thought: how often was I buying $99 chairs from Office Max that would last maybe a year before falling to pieces? At one a year ... I've broken even.