Register Now
melanie_marie27

Songs that quickly make you change the channel

Mostly songs I have little interest in, like rap or reggae. I don't mind bubblegum pop songs because I grew up with them, but many of the so-called "pop songs" today feel so generic and stale. Where's the energy in them? Where's the adrenaline that makes me want to dance? They're certainly no MJ or Britney.

On 9/14/2022 at 7:11 AM, Crazycrab said:

If want to listen to music I'd just switch it off and connect my phone or whatever.  The radio plays almost nothing I like.  

That's what my brother says too. He has Sirius and he has it set on one of 2 channels - 90's (love it) and Tropical/Jimmy Buf. 😝 Can't stand his music except for Come Monday.

On 9/14/2022 at 11:31 AM, The Blackangel said:

I can't give a specific song, but I can definitely give a few genres.

• Bubblegum Pop
  • Country
  • Literally everything from the 90's with no more than two mainstream exceptions

I've always listened to underground music and and 80's rock.

Got it. So no 90's except for 2 exceptions? I live for 90's music 🎶🎶 almost all 90's. But I do appreciate some 80's rock as well. More late 80's, like the big-timers Alice Cooper, Quiet Riot..

Thanks Blackangel

On 9/15/2022 at 12:02 AM, Akun said:

Mostly songs I have little interest in, like rap or reggae. I don't mind bubblegum pop songs because I grew up with them, but many of the so-called "pop songs" today feel so generic and stale. Where's the energy in them? Where's the adrenaline that makes me want to dance? They're certainly no MJ or Britney.

I agree. Pop music is pretty good as long as it's more from the old days like you said, Brit and MJ.. and Jessica Simpson sings a great one called "Where you Are" .. I remember it so well.

Today's pop is blah, never listen to it.

2 hours ago, melanie_marie27 said:

Got it. So no 90's except for 2 exceptions? I live for 90's music 🎶🎶 almost all 90's. But I do appreciate some 80's rock as well. More late 80's, like the big-timers Alice Cooper, Quiet Riot..

Thanks Blackangel

The only mainstream bands from the 90's that I like are Linkin Park and Disturbed. Technically they released their first album in 2000, but it was close enought o the 90's that I still count it.

Like I said, everything else that I listen to is either underground or 80's rock.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:59 PM, melanie_marie27 said:

And then there are the songs with just useless nonsense lyrics, or a lot of screaming into the mic without any depth or meaning to it.

This sounds an awful lot like modern music - they're just singing/mumbling a whole lot of nonsense. If you're going to scream into the mic at least it should make sense.

On 9/29/2022 at 5:10 AM, killamch89 said:

This sounds an awful lot like modern music - they're just singing/mumbling a whole lot of nonsense. If you're going to scream into the mic at least it should make sense.

Exactly mate, the lyrics are so weak all they got to talk about is money or women and even when they do it's so poorly written you just can't get the point of it.

On 11/13/2022 at 4:17 PM, Justin11 said:

Exactly mate, the lyrics are so weak all they got to talk about is money or women and even when they do it's so poorly written you just can't get the point of it.

And also talking about taking drugs and alcohol all the time and killing people and scamming others - personally, I don't listen to a lot of modern music.

I absolutely hate Gangnam Style so if for some reason I heard it on the radio or if I was listening to a playlist with the song on it, I would immediately skip it. I still don't get how this annoying song got so many views on Youtube. I also don't like dubstep or rap, so anything from these genres I would skip over immediately. I have to admit I like the direction pop music is going this decade, it's homage to old classic house and dance music which is awesome. Well minus the rap that's still popular.