Register Now
melanie_marie27

What was the worst thing about gym class?

I didn't like anything about it. For starters, we already used the gym for cheerleading practice after school and ALL summer...so I was already fed up with the gym.

And any sports that I didn't want to learn about or participate in, like dodgeball, basketball, even running laps - again, our coach made us run outside at the beginning of every practice, so I hated to run extra for gym. 

What did you dislike most about gym class? And why should we even be graded on it?

Having to interact with a bunch of assholes you didn't like to begin with. I took body conditioning as an alternative to typical gym class. Body conditioning was just spending time in the weight room, without any kind of set activity. If you just wanted to stand around and chat that was all you did. I did max out on some weights. I could push 410 on the leg press, squat 250, and even got to where I could curl 100. Most didn't dare try to challenge my records. Funny enough, I could never bench more than 115. Being a girl, I typically just benched the bar (45 pounds). The guys enjoyed watching me. Perverts every one of them. So I eventually just started going to the gym and running laps. The guys in the class were always too busy playing basketball to notice me, which made it even better.

The running is the worst. I always came last during running sessions, and the PE teacher wouldn't care that I almost threw my lungs out from exhaustion. He f***ing sucked as a teacher and human being. It's as if he's one of those stereotypical cartoon PE teachers.

Soccer wasn't too bad though. It was probably the only fun time I had during PE.

I was good at soccer and sprinting , I actually liked to practice but I didn't see the need for us to be graded by our performance in gym classes since sport and exercises is a leisure and should be done on free will and not because you want to get grades.