Register Now
Shagger

Can an AI Write a Review?

Well, Karak from ACG Angry Centaur Gaming has presented us with exactly that. Using various different AI programs with prompts from him in into thier systems and it's the responses from the AI he has used to generate this review for The Last of Us Part I.  At the time of typing this opening post, I had not seen the full video, just the first few moments to get some idea on how this was going to work, so I have no idea what to expect. Triumph or tragedy, this is sure to be interesting.

Edited by Shagger

No human being will ever say something this awesome. From the video around 9:22:

"One of the saddest parts of The Last Of Us is that Ellie can't whistle. Whistling can be useful. It can help you communicate when you can't speak, it can help you start a fire or help you ward off pesky bugs. Whistling is a sign of a true adult ,and when you whistle, puberty is not far behind."

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I really hope he makes more of these. AI generators are a fun time, and now they're making somewhat competent reviews lol. I bet IGN would pay for it! 😄

It was just like you read my mind. It's definitely something that can make IGN's life and work a lot more easier for them because it's very obvious with how they have been with their reviews of late that they don't have more time to invest in it. 

On 9/15/2022 at 4:55 AM, Akun said:

I feel like most companies have already used bots for churning out positive reviews for their bad shows, so AI reviews don't feel like a new thing.

Seriously, that's so true because when you get to see some reviews and you actually played the because of it, there will be no connection at all with what's said and what's obtainable in the game. Why the lie now would always be my question.. 

"Ellie is a young girl and young girls are very complex characters.  She's very brave and determined and always willing to help out whoever she can.  She's also very loyal to those she cares about and is always ready to fight for them.  She does kill a lot of people.  She kills infected and humans, She even murders Joel a couple of times in the game."

giphy.gif

Edited by Crazycrab

On 9/14/2022 at 5:28 PM, Shagger said:

No human being will ever say something this awesome. From the video around 9:22:

"One of the saddest parts of The Last Of Us is that Ellie can't whistle. Whistling can be useful. It can help you communicate when you can't speak, it can help you start a fire or help you ward off pesky bugs. Whistling is a sign of a true adult ,and when you whistle, puberty is not far behind."

This is hilarious but the AI observations about Ellie is actually true,well I didn't  know whistling could be used to Start a fire though.

On 11/13/2022 at 9:23 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I'm sure it could but be the most funny thing or awkward thing to read lol.

Have you seen those AI drawings of ancient Gods or demons  on social media or maybe YouTube , they are so real and have this aura around them which shows how intricately the AI pays attention to details.

On 9/14/2022 at 8:28 AM, Shagger said:

lol.

As much as it alarms me to say, I do think AIs will replace most of our jobs eventually. 

Regardless, one thing an AI can't do is share the inner subjective experience of a human being with me. No AI will ever replace what originally got me to play TLOU, which was reading a draft of your review of the game on another forum years ago, where you shared the ways the game affected you. It wasn't just the beauty of your insights that stuck with me; it was that I felt I could relate to you well enough through your review to know the game would impact me similarly, and it did.