Register Now
melanie_marie27

Best Bottled Water in your opinion

On 9/16/2022 at 6:23 AM, The Blackangel said:

Fiji. Hands down it's the best water. I've tried Voss, but wasn't all that impressed. I like to spoil myself with a pack of Fiji when I can afford it.

Yep-yep Fiji would have been my second choice. In fact, I alternate between the two. When they only have the Voss in the plastic water bottles 😝 that's when I go for the Fiji. The bottle reminds me of being on vacation. 🌴🌺

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Here in my demographic, we call it 'pure water', I don't see much in that pure water bottled water. When you carry out test on the water filled on the bottled water, you'll see contamination in most of them. I prefer boiling water and drinking it later. 

I'm curious to know exactly what you mean by "pure water".  I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking that pure, no additives, PH neutral, biotic free H₂O is the best water to drink, but this couldn't be further from the truth.  You can get this type of water through distillation or a condenser, the type of mechanism often found in de-humidifiers.  If you have one of these you might have noticed that there is usually a warning label that sates that the water collected in the reservoir is not suitable for drinking and with good reason, it's DISCUSTING!

The truth is good drinking water is supposed to be slightly acidic because the saliva in your mouth is slightly alkaline, the "impurities" are sources of nurturance such as minerals and vitamins and many of the bacteria that breed naturally naturally in drinking water are pro-biotec and aid digestion.  Boiling water the allowing to cool is fine but hope for your sake your not drinking condensed "pure" water, it's not doing you any good whatsoever 

On 9/22/2022 at 8:29 PM, Crazycrab said:

The tap water in Scotland is pretty good so I almost never buy bottled water.

I would love some good old-fashioned tap water again. It was pretty good at our old house/city.. but then we moved out here more in the country right on a lake.

The water is.... questionable. I wouldn't call it well water, but almost!

You are lucky. Enjoy. 💧

On 9/22/2022 at 8:48 PM, runswithspatulas said:

i tried voss it was disgusting.

i have never had fuji because it's so expensive.

i like smartwater.

Smartwater is good too, I've tried it.

But have you ever been able to find a bottle that is NOT super-sized? 😂 I can't. Not around here anyway.

Has lots of good electrolytes. Nice choice.

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Here in my demographic, we call it 'pure water', I don't see much in that pure water bottled water. When you carry out test on the water filled on the bottled water, you'll see contamination in most of them. I prefer boiling water and drinking it later. 

Yeah we did something similar when we first moved here.. put tap water in a glass and watched it overnight. By morning, we saw some little specky-specks floating on top.

They were brown and orange. 🤢

51 minutes ago, melanie_marie27 said:

Smartwater is good too, I've tried it.

But have you ever been able to find a bottle that is NOT super-sized? 😂 I can't. Not around here anyway.

Has lots of good electrolytes. Nice choice.

we have smaller bottles of smart water here but supersize on the fuji. 1 liter of fuji water is $3.

On 9/24/2022 at 12:24 AM, runswithspatulas said:

we have smaller bottles of smart water here but supersize on the fuji. 1 liter of fuji water is $3.

We have small, large, and jumbo size bottles of Fiji here. 500ml, 1 liter, and 1½ liter.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:29 PM, Crazycrab said:

A hell of the water here in the states is too toxic to drink, and I'm not talking about Flint. Their water is deadly, whereas with the rest of the country, it's just too toxic to drink. It's fine to do things like shower and do laundry. But it's too dangerous to drink it.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:26 PM, melanie_marie27 said:

I would love some good old-fashioned tap water again. It was pretty good at our old house/city.. but then we moved out here more in the country right on a lake.

It was somewhat like that for me. The water at home was enough to make you sick just from the taste alone. But only a couple miles away at my grandmas house, the water tasted amazing. And we were on the same lines. I'll never understand what the hell the damn difference was, but I guess it's a moot point these days.

Sometimes the difference lies in the pipes in someone's home, sometimes it depends on what goes on at the water treatment plant, and maybe the city water itself. I prefer bottled over tap but can't afford it. Some tap water isn't drinkable. Mine is pretty reasonable. I would drink the tap water before I would the Dasani. 

On 9/24/2022 at 5:32 AM, melanie_marie27 said:

Yeah we did something similar when we first moved here.. put tap water in a glass and watched it overnight. By morning, we saw some little specky-specks floating on top.

They were brown and orange. 🤢

Too bad, that's the kind of water I'm talking about, which isn't good, same occurs here in my country. They call it pure water', but when you look closely to the water, you'll see it being unpurified, not good for drinking. That's why I prefer making a drinking water for myself, by boiling it and removing the hardness in the water and make it a good water for drinking. 

On 9/23/2022 at 2:29 AM, Crazycrab said:

Yeah same here, buying bottled water is such a waste of money imo. I do buy sparkling water during the summer but i don't really have a favourite so i usually buy the cheapest one i can find in stores because water is water and if you are realy thirsty any water tastes good.