Register Now
runswithspatulas

minecraft

i have tried to play minecraft like 6 times. i just don't get it. i don't understand what i'm supposed to be doing. i've tried every single world mode there is. it's my understanding that you can't mine for what you need in creative and i'm just at a loss. i simply don't understand what this game is about or what i'm supposed to do and i finally have given up. the only mode i can get the controls to work in is creative. the other modes i can't even get my character to jump up on anything. i'm not a stupid person but this game makes absolutely no sense to me. to me it's the equivalent of roblox. i tried that too. didn't get it either. the game has just left me confused every time i've played it.

When it comes to creative mode, you don't need to mine, you will be able to use a menu that has every item/block/etc that you can then use to build whatever you want. Essentially creative mode is like unloading a box of legos onto the floor and building a little city. But with creative mode, you don't have a limit to the items you have. So you can keep building and building. 

As for other modes, like Survival mode, the intent is to mine to build a house to survive the night, then to continue building/mining and growing your little world into something, anything you can muster up. There are also hidden mines and bosses you can battle. You can upgrade armor, weapons and more. 

As well, you can grow gardens, trees, raise animals, etc. 

If you can't get into it, that's fair. It's not for everyone. You can also play peaceful mode, which will still let you mine like in survival, but you don't have to worry about enemies. 

On 9/16/2022 at 2:58 PM, runswithspatulas said:

i have tried to play minecraft like 6 times. i just don't get it. i don't understand what i'm supposed to be doing. i've tried every single world mode there is. it's my understanding that you can't mine for what you need in creative and i'm just at a loss. i simply don't understand what this game is about or what i'm supposed to do and i finally have given up. the only mode i can get the controls to work in is creative. the other modes i can't even get my character to jump up on anything. i'm not a stupid person but this game makes absolutely no sense to me. to me it's the equivalent of roblox. i tried that too. didn't get it either. the game has just left me confused every time i've played it.

hahahaha, its funny because I had the same issue... for the life of me I couldn't understand what to actually do xD

Just now, runswithspatulas said:

i'm glad it's not just me then. lol! oh well. 

Well it was fun to play with others when i tried but solo nono it made no sense why id go solo and build an entire kingdom for no reason xD, also when i tried to log in on my switch it wouldnt work? Couldnt figure out how to actually get it started or join a server with others.. I think maybe if you joined a custom server you might have fun though, I see a ton of youtube videos over it.

2 minutes ago, Empire Of Sight said:

Well it was fun to play with others when i tried but solo nono it made no sense why id go solo and build an entire kingdom for no reason xD, also when i tried to log in on my switch it wouldnt work? Couldnt figure out how to actually get it started or join a server with others.. I think maybe if you joined a custom server you might have fun though, I see a ton of youtube videos over it.

i am 56 yrs old. i'm not interested in investing hours and hours pouring over youtube videos trying to figure out how to play. i tried survival mode and was dead in approx. 5 min. froze to death. lmao! i think it's best i let the idea go. haha!

8 minutes ago, runswithspatulas said:

i am 56 yrs old. i'm not interested in investing hours and hours pouring over youtube videos trying to figure out how to play. i tried survival mode and was dead in approx. 5 min. froze to death. lmao! i think it's best i let the idea go. haha!

Hahaha alright alright fair enough! have you tried any of the age of empire games? They aren't in the style of Minecraft but those were always my favorite for strategy and building. 

5 hours ago, Syntax said:

It's kind of a relaxing game if you can pick up on some of the basic aspects. It's just a lot of crafting, which for new players might help to look at a guide or crafting guide in order to show what you need to make XYZ.

I normally like some games where you can build things but I think it's the blockey graphics that puts me off. When you've been spoilt by all this character detail in other games even in 2008, Minecraft just doesn't appeal to me all that much.