Register Now
The Blackangel

I'M REPLACING MY PLAYSTATION 5 WITH A USED PS4 PRO! ~ BUT WHY? | GT Canada

I wouldn't replace a newer model console for an old release, I like to using upgraded version and and newer models , though I haven't replaced my PlayStation 4 console but if I ever want to do that I would prefer doing it with a newer version.

I don't see the purpose of doing this, if the PS5 is backwards compatible with most PS4 games, why would you replace a PS5 with a PS4?   I'm sure you have your reasoning for doing so, but I just can't find a logical reason to want an older console over a newer one if you have access to the newer, more powerful hardware.  Hell, I'm on an Xbox One X and games are slowly becoming harder & harder to run on it. I would love to upgrade to a Series X if I could in the future.

Everything you said is so true in the video. All the hype on the new gen consoles has been so misleading, many players think they need to upgrade their TV/monitor with HDMI 2.1. It’s definitely not needed. 30fps to a fixed 60fps is all the upgrade that was needed in console gaming. Even 4K is over hyped. 1080p or 1440p at 60fps is still impressive for console gaming.

As far as ray tracing goes, again another selling feature that’s not needed. I have a PS4 pro & an Xbox one X both have a good selection of games that play phenomenally well at 1080p or 4k at 60fps.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

Everything you said is so true in the video. All the hype on the new gen consoles has been so misleading, many players think they need to upgrade their TV/monitor with HDMI 2.1. It’s definitely not needed. 30fps to a fixed 60fps is all the upgrade that was needed in console gaming. Even 4K is over hyped. 1080p or 1440p at 60fps is still impressive for console gaming.

As far as ray tracing goes, again another selling feature that’s not needed. I have a PS4 pro & an Xbox one X both have a good selection of games that play phenomenally well at 1080p or 4k at 60fps.

Yeah I feel like new gen consoles aren't really all that needed. Now days it's just about getting graphics to look even more fancier, but I feel like we're already to a point where I am fine with how graphics look. I don't need photo realism or fancy graphics to enjoy a game. And I think most games that are coming out today, could easily release for last gen consoles with just a graphical downgrade. 

It's why I like PC so much, because I can play most games, I just have to turn things down if it's an intensive game. 

On 11/17/2022 at 5:36 AM, killamch89 said:

While I do agree that the newer consoles have been overhyped this generation, if I already got myself a PS5, there's no way I'm going to trade it in for a PS4 Pro especially when support for the PS4/PS4 pro is going to drastically diminish over the next few years.

I feel same way too, I really prefer going for more recently released consoles other the going a generation back and swapping my newer model for an older one.