Register Now
Techno

GTA 6 has leaked

So GTA 6 just leaked. Over 90 videos can now be found on YouTube that shows off Vice City. I'm not showing anything here because Take Two is copyright striking everything.

Source: https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/23359292/grand-theft-auto-6-gta6-leak-90-videos-released-online

Moderator Edit: I edited the link to remove the google redirect as the link apprises to be broken with that included. I would recommend that in future when you post links to a news source to take the URL from the source website directly and not copy if from the google search page because google can alter, move or remove the link without notice.

Edited by Shagger

My penis has leaked... I expect a like from everyone who cares....

Now GTA6 is in production as we know but (much like my penis) It's going to be a long time before it secretes anything useful if it ever happens at all until release.

Edited by Crazycrab

The same thing was true multiple times and for year after year before the game was even announced. None of it, of course, was real. At this point, I really couldn't care less even if these leaks were the real deal or not, we'll only what we need to learn when the game actually comes out.

Edited by Shagger

Plus I'm hearing that Take Two has been removing any videos with the leak footage, and I guess there's a ton of clips out there now. I was able to find this video, but my guess is Take Two will remove it as well. Not 100% sure if it's legit, but it looks like they have the robbery mechanic that RDR2 has where you can stick up people while doing a robbery (similar to train robberies). 

am i the only one who doesnt feel any hype/interest about this game? ..same boring modern setting, doesnt help that rockstar/take2 are evil trash companies and main game will probably be generic as it can be, then they gonna drop singe player and go back to milking multiplayer mode with microtransactions. Also the game will probably be Rockstar launcher exclusive like their GTA remasters.

1 hour ago, Empire said:

am i the only one who doesnt feel any hype/interest about this game? ..same boring modern setting, doesnt help that rockstar/take2 are evil trash companies and main game will probably be generic as it can be, then they gonna drop singe player and go back to milking multiplayer mode with microtransactions. Also the game will probably be Rockstar launcher exclusive like their GTA remasters.

I have some interest in it, but I'm not too hyped for it. I will get it, no doubt about it, but I don't know if I'll get it day one. My brother might, but I can wait a little longer to get it. 

At this point every company has their own launcher. Even through steam, you have to launch RDR2 through the Rockstar Launcher. It's annoying having all of these launchers out there. 

I saw the leaked videos the other day and thought they were fake until I did some further digging. The graphics would definitely look better - I mean, GTA V is almost 10 years old so it'd definitely be an improvement. Also to note, the videos are from a developer build in late 2020/early 2021 and apparently, Rockstar had started development from 5 years ago which had they said something, we wouldn't have been questioning it. As for the video themselves, the level of customization and new animations look good in one of the leaked videos. You could adjust the mirrors in you car and stuff like that. However, I'm still not getting carried away until the actual game comes out.

Can you all believe that there are people disappointed, even angry about how this leaked footage looked? How stupid would you have to be to look at this very early, pre-alpha footage from a game years away from completion and think that is how this game is actually going to look? Jim Sterling has gone into this with more detail, but what is wrong with gamers? I'm just glad nobody on VGR has expressed such stupidity. And obviously we still have the man-babies moaning about playing a woman, and it's apparently the rest of us who are "snowflakes" and "easily offended".

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

It looks okay I guess, I mean Im more interested in the story rather than gameplay. I wouldnt say Im dissapointed, Im not suprised either, rather I would say thats how I expected a new gta game to look like.

I totally agree - the video didn't really blow me away either. I am interested in the backstory of both characters because there's a male lead character also. I wonder how they even meet each other?

As much as I detest Rockstar and Take2, I do feel for the developers and other ground employees. Also, I personally don't engage with leaks, but the people who are seriously criticising pre–alpha footage of a game that's not set to release for another two years gotta be the absolute dumbest people around.

I've downloaded and seen some of the leaked footage now and I seriously cannot believe some of the complaints that people have been posting.  I'm not going to get into to much detail since it's a 3.2GB package with 90 videos but I've taken a couple of screenshots:

vlcsnap-2022-09-20-14h33m26s152.thumb.png.e952a24c03bdc3e58d9a3fd74a266605.png

In this video it seems like the devs are testing aspects of the AI with a robbery scenario.  I think this one is from an earlier build because you can seen in the corner that it's running on a GTX 1080 whereas most of the rest of the test footage is running on a 2080 Super, but even that is a hardware from a couple of years ago.  So I would say this is probably from around 2020 if not earlier and considering how early in production it is It's actually looking way more polished than I would have expected.  I mean yes as you can see there are some missing textures especially in the NPC character models but the game looks in terms of functionality like it running pretty well.

vlcsnap-2022-09-20-15h01m12s368.thumb.png.8438f1f315f508fa84cf69bd508c2914.png

In this one the protagonist is having a shootout with some cops.  I think this one is probably from a later build as the textures on the NPC's and other objects look more complete and the animations seems a bit smother and more refined.  Other mechanics like the wanted system seem to be functioning and there are placeholder text boxes with stuff like "calling for backup" so it seems like there are other mechanics and AI responses that have been programmed as well.

Considering that this footage is obviously way pre-alpha I'm actually quite encouraged.  There has clearly already been a lot of work done with the AI, there's already voice acting and music and the visuals although not complete in this leaked footage are looking pretty good.

Edited by Crazycrab

I find it funny how people are throwing fits about how the game looks. I don't get how they can't grasp that this game is not nearly done with development. I'm willing to bet this game has like  2 years to go before it's ready. Maybe even longer. This could have been the easy part, considering a lot of what we saw was in GTA V and RDR2 in terms of some of the ideas they implemented. 

If anything, I liked what I saw in some regards. Of course there's a ton of work to be done, but in the current state, there's a lot to be excited about. But I won't judge a game until it's ready for release, and this game is not close to being there.

Looks like the FBI are on the case and are looking into the hacker. I guess this guy also hacked Uber recently. Makes you wonder if he has any other hacks planned. They are saying the hacker could be part of a group that also hacked Samsung, Microsoft and others. 

Updated news here - https://www.ign.com/articles/fbi-investigating-alleged-rockstar-hacker?