Register Now
Kane99

I don't think a movie on Hitman (Agent 47) works

I remember when talk started up about a possible Hitman movie, as I grew up a huge fan of the series since Hitman 2. But the first movie came and I realized that Hitman doesn't work in movie form. Especially more so when they released the second Hitman movie, Agent 47, which was a joke of a movie. I normally don't quit movies, but this movie I quit about 20-30 minutes in because of how boring it was. The person they had play Hitman in the second movie wasn't convincing enough. The first movie he kinda was, but it wasn't the same. 

Anyway, I think the big reason as to why is because Hitman is a Silent Assassin for a reason. He's one of the best hitmen around. So good that he is never witnessed taking out his hits. If you ever played Blood Money for example, in it Hitman is said to be someone no one notices, a chameleon. Someone who you won't see coming. And that doesn't translate so well to the movies, because I doubt people would watch a bald dude silently taking out hits. So of course Hollywood has to make these movies action packed with the intention of putting Hitman out in plain site. Doing all of these big explosions and set pieces is not Hitman. 

The whole point is that he's a silent assassin. He doesn't make noise, doesn't kill non-targets etc. 

What did you guys think of the Hitman movies? The first one was the better of the two. But that's not saying much when both movies were pretty bad imo. I've always said I'd like to see another Hitman movie, but I think maybe let Hitman stay as a video game, because I don't think Hollywood can do the series justice by making a good movie.  

It won't work because of how Hollywood makes movies these days. I enjoy depth in my characters as much as the next guy, and Daniel Craig is easily my favorite Bond of all time, but if you look at the older Bond films, you could see a workable template for Agent 47, where a perfect killer just goes around killing bad guys without mistake. That's boring if done poorly, but if his kills are executed creatively enough, that makes it fun to watch, the same way Bond films are fun to watch even though it's just some British spy killing shallow and egomaniacal villains trying to take over the world.

The Jason Bourne films have a great template for this as well. The way he effortlessly kill people could be done for Agent 47 as well.

I also feel like parts of Mission: Impossible 3 were the Hitman film we never got, especially the scene where Ethan went through several disguises while infiltrating the enemy base. That's basically what Agent 47 does, and Tom pulled it off with just as much professionalism and sleekness. Just repeat that, but with Agent 47.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there a Hitman movie in 2007? I vaguely remember watching it - unless I'm mistaking it for something else...Also wasn't there Hitman: Agent 47 in 2015? - now that I remember watching and it was a pretty decent movie in my opinion.

Yeah I mentioned them both in my first post. The first one was just Hitman, the second, though a reboot I believe, is just called Hitman: Agent 47 or something along those lines. The first film imo was mediocre, but the second film was awful imo. It was a chore to get through, and I never even finished it. Plus the villain was boring, a dude who's power was that he had skin that could protect him from guns and knives. 

Also, the dude they had playing Agent 47 didn't work for me. It just felt like a dude in cosplay pretending to be hitman lol. 

On 9/29/2022 at 3:44 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah I mentioned them both in my first post. The first one was just Hitman, the second, though a reboot I believe, is just called Hitman: Agent 47 or something along those lines. The first film imo was mediocre, but the second film was awful imo. It was a chore to get through, and I never even finished it. Plus the villain was boring, a dude who's power was that he had skin that could protect him from guns and knives. 

Also, the dude they had playing Agent 47 didn't work for me. It just felt like a dude in cosplay pretending to be hitman lol. 

Yeah - he wasn't quite as cold and robotic as Agent 47 in the games. Some of the gunfights were pretty decent in my opinion but I also liked the first movie more. There was a movie in 2009 called Accident that had a bunch of assassins that pulled off hits and made them look like complete accidents - kinda like Agent 47. They wore disguises and everything. Personally, that was a better "Hitman" movie than the 2007 Hitman release.

I think that's been the case for most video games to movies projects you don't always get the exact representation of what the video game is like in the movies.

I have gotten used to that so I don't really expect much when I hear of a series or movie made out of a video game.