Register Now
Kane99

2K Support Hacked

Well damn, more hacks incoming, this time it looks like 2K's support was hacked. They are suggesting that anyone who had a password stored via chrome or autofill, to change the password and to use 2 factor authentication. I suppose I will have to change my password now, even though I haven't touched my 2K account in a long time. Makes me wonder if this is an extension of Take Two's other hack that resulted in GTA VI to leak a ton of content. 2K Support released a message that you can read below. 

I couldn't read much from the picture you sent as what I just read is "Hey folks, please read an". That aside, I believe that having our passwords for any gaming account autosave in popular browsers can never be the best move to make no matter how we take a look at it.

2FA is the go to security protocol system at the moment for any user online and one of my best security option is 'Google Authenticator system. With that, no one can access my sensitive information, I think 2k company did well to inform their users to revert to such security protocol to safeguard their account from malicious attack. 

Had the same thing happened to me. I accidentally clicked the link that took me 2k support but I did not click on the zip file. It worried me and ending up doing some password changes as a precaution.

Edited by Empire

On 9/23/2022 at 5:33 PM, Justin11 said:

2FA is the go to security protocol system at the moment for any user online and one of my best security option is 'Google Authenticator system. With that, no one can access my sensitive information, I think 2k company did well to inform their users to revert to such security protocol to safeguard their account from malicious attack. 

Activating 2 Factor verifications on most of our gaming accounts is very important as hackers are always out there looking for players' accounts that they will mess up and that's not funny anymore. 

On 9/23/2022 at 12:33 PM, Justin11 said:

12 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

Activating 2 Factor verifications on most of our gaming accounts is very important as hackers are always out there looking for players' accounts that they will mess up and that's not funny anymore. 

Yeah I really need to do 2fa for most of my accounts. But I hate being tied down to an authenticator app to sign into most accounts. But to be safe it's probably highly recommend. Especially these days. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I really need to do 2fa for most of my accounts. But I hate being tied down to an authenticator app to sign into most accounts. But to be safe it's probably highly recommend. Especially these days. 

It's highly recommended dude, I know it's stressful but since online community is vulnerable I just have to abide by the 2FA security. 

On 9/23/2022 at 8:32 AM, Ajibusu said:

I couldn't read much from the picture you sent as what I just read is "Hey folks, please read an". That aside, I believe that having our passwords for any gaming account autosave in popular browsers can never be the best move to make no matter how we take a look at it.

Clicking on it should bring you to twitter where you should be able to read it a lot easier. Are you on a phone? Because I don't have any issues reading it from a browser.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:37 AM, Justin11 said:

It's highly recommended dude, I know it's stressful but since online community is vulnerable I just have to abide by the 2FA security. 

Yeah I get that. I have 2FA for a few accounts. Maybe it's time I do it for everything that has my card info on it or has any personal details. 

Luckily for me, I have 2fa enabled on almost any online platform that has the feature so it'd be difficult to access my accounts. Secondly, when I get messages from companies, what I do is I either check that website directly rather than use the link or I may copy the link and scan it on virustotal.com to check if the URL is genuine. You have to pay close attention to any form of emails/messages you get online and don't just go clicking on random URLs.

On 9/27/2022 at 4:06 PM, Kane99 said:

Clicking on it should bring you to twitter where you should be able to read it a lot easier. Are you on a phone? Because I don't have any issues reading it from a browser.

Yeah I get that. I have 2FA for a few accounts. Maybe it's time I do it for everything that has my card info on it or has any personal details. 

I read it from a mobile device. I think I should have to switch it up to a desktop version so as to be able to get a look on what they are talking about. 

On 9/27/2022 at 4:06 PM, Kane99 said:

As long as it's sensitive information, my 2FA must be there. I don't want any second thought like 'hard I know. I just want to secure all sensitive information online, at least be on a safer side. 

Well guys, there's even more bad news - it's not just the support that got hacked. It's the whole company...Dum! Dum! Dum! On a more serious note though, I've always had an issue with how unsecure gaming services are compared to other tech industries. I mean, some companies still don't offer 2FA - Ubisoft games keep getting hacked left and right and yet, they won't invest in upgrading their security. Instead, they're only concerned about our money.

On 10/1/2022 at 1:03 AM, killamch89 said:

Well guys, there's even more bad news - it's not just the support that got hacked. It's the whole company...Dum! Dum! Dum! On a more serious note though, I've always had an issue with how unsecure gaming services are compared to other tech industries. I mean, some companies still don't offer 2FA - Ubisoft games keep getting hacked left and right and yet, they won't invest in upgrading their security. Instead, they're only concerned about our money.

I don't why they still refused to pay considerable attention to these things, every time its either a game company is hacked and an upcoming game or information about it is leaked.

I think they should already be aware of hackers and make measures to prevent been hacked.

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I don't why they still refused to pay considerable attention to these things, every time its either a game company is hacked and an upcoming game or information about it is leaked.

I think they should already be aware of hackers and make measures to prevent been hacked.

It's sadly going to be a huge part of our future. Expect more of these massive tech companies getting hacked. I don't see it ever stopping, if anything I can see it getting worse. 

I have considered using 2FA for everything, but it becomes a chore having to enter a password and sometimes another code on your phone or something. It's annoying. 

On 11/2/2022 at 5:35 PM, Kane99 said:

It's sadly going to be a huge part of our future. Expect more of these massive tech companies getting hacked. I don't see it ever stopping, if anything I can see it getting worse. 

I have considered using 2FA for everything, but it becomes a chore having to enter a password and sometimes another code on your phone or something. It's annoying. 

Just get a password manager with 2FA function such as onepassword, keeper or bitwarden. Just make sure that you can remember your master password at all times.