Register Now
Kane99

PlayStation Tournaments Beta for PS5 launched today

Has anyone tried out the PlayStation Tournaments Beta for PS5 yet? I hear it dropped today. From the looks of things, it sounds like you can join tournaments that are added to their database. I don't see a mention about starting your own tourney, but I think if they include such an option, it would draw a lot more people in. So far I think it's Sony hosting the tourneys. But if we had the option to create our own, that would rock. 

More on this here - https://compete.playstation.com/en-us/all/articles/222743

It is a Beta version (Testing stage). So, Sony is observing to see the lapses that they will need to correct before they start giving individual gamers the opportunity to start their tournaments. I like this innovation and hope it becomes a success in the near future.

13 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

It is a Beta version (Testing stage). So, Sony is observing to see the lapses that they will need to correct before they start giving individual gamers the opportunity to start their tournaments. I like this innovation and hope it becomes a success in the near future.

I really hope it turns into something where anyone can make their our tournament. Maybe even where you could give away prizes to winners. That would be pretty cool.

On 9/25/2022 at 7:43 PM, Kane99 said:

I really hope it turns into something where anyone can make their our tournament. Maybe even where you could give away prizes to winners. That would be pretty cool.

I play in some tournaments (COD Mobile) where winners win prizes. That is the spice of these tournaments.  You get to enjoy playing the games you like while winning prizes too.

18 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

I play in some tournaments (COD Mobile) where winners win prizes. That is the spice of these tournaments.  You get to enjoy playing the games you like while winning prizes too.

That's cool. But I don't know if it counts towards Sony's new tournament system. That'll probably focus on PS games only. I hope they allow people to create their own tournaments, or host their own. I think that would add a lot of fun to the whole thing. 

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That's cool. But I don't know if it counts towards Sony's new tournament system. That'll probably focus on PS games only. I hope they allow people to create their own tournaments, or host their own. I think that would add a lot of fun to the whole thing. 

It is going to be only Playstation games. Whatever they do,they should try and confirm the fans desire and carry them along. 

On 10/4/2022 at 6:20 AM, Ajibusu said:

It is going to be only Playstation games. Whatever they do,they should try and confirm the fans desire and carry them along. 

It's a Sony so I don't really Expect other platform games to be added to their competitions just as Microsoft would add PlayStation games to theirs.