Register Now
Kane99

Scorn, anyone getting it?

I'm surprised there is no topic/discussion about the game Scorn as it's coming out this October 21st. I'm not really one for these types of games, but I am aware there are people really interested in checking it out, as it is heavily inspired by H. R. Giger, who had his own special art style, and helps create the xenomorph in Alien. Plus I believe he was involved with the design of the Alien's world. 

Heard about this a while ago then it just flew completely off my radar. It's different, like DOOM meets survival horror. The graphics themselves don't look that great, but the grim, gory art style with that dreary ambiance and daunting atmosphere make up for it. It feels like the sort of thing where this protagonist suffers through horrendous dangers and turmoil to get to the end only to find nothing better and, well, life sucks.

Edited by Shagger

I forgot to mention, but this also kinda reminds me of the game Agony, that came out a few years ago. I remember seeing a friend playing Agony, and that from what I recall, had a very similar style and atmosphere, also tons of gore. There is also an adult game called Lust for Darkness, but I believe it also has sexual content, so idk if that's something you'd want to combine. 

There are different ways to do biopunk. One is the standard one, biopunk society with it's flaws and pros, where the interaction between nature and technology is functional and a bit bizarre. And then there's this type of biopunk an horrific, macabre, revolting and terrifying union between technology and nature.

On 9/22/2022 at 6:02 PM, Crazycrab said:

Thanks @Kane99 for reminding me of this.  I was quite interested in this game a couple of years ago when it was announced.  I wanted keep up with it but to honest... I'd completely forgotten what the hell it was called!

I forgot about it too, as I remember other games coming out that looked similar, so that also didn't help. I called other games Scorn thinking it was scorn haha. But I'm glad it's close to finally releasing. 

I haven't heard anything about the video game , the triller looks interesting and I like how you see things from the characters eyes giving you a more natural appeal to the world around you.

October 21st is In a couple not days I might get this one.