Register Now
Knight Plug

Silent Hill fans can go cry in a corner...

On 9/29/2022 at 1:25 AM, Candy Stick said:

I say we should hang on a little longer. The Game Awards is happening in 3 months. 

At least give this tweet the benefit of the doubt until then. 2022 is winding down. So after the year is up, there will be no reason to care, or a reason to celebrate.

This is the witch hunting we've been talking about earlier in the thread. Without a huge amount of evidence behind it, this is just another self-proclaimed "insider" that doesn't know anything the workings of Konami and what they're planning. Just making up information to get clicks and likes - attention is the new currency in the social media era.

It's been known for like ever that these are just rumours. However, there must be truth to the stories when the director of the first film has come out and recently said he has been in contact with ex Team Silent personnel. 

I believe an announcement has to be imminent. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Or so they say. 

On 10/8/2022 at 6:13 AM, Candy Stick said:

It's been known for like ever that these are just rumours. However, there must be truth to the stories when the director of the first film has come out and recently said he has been in contact with ex Team Silent personnel. 

I believe an announcement has to be imminent. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Or so they say. 

That doesn't really mean much since Christophe Gans is working on a reboot film of Silent Hill. So the best people to talk to about a Silent Hill movie is the team who originated it I imagine. I don't think that necessarily means that there is work being done on a new SH game though. He could be asking questions about Silent Hill, the story, the characters, etc. Or may be including some of the Team Silent in the mix, like Akira Yamaoka, who did the music for the games and the movies. And I can see him wanting him back for the music whenever a reboot movie does drop. 

I would love for their to be a new Silent Hill game too, but I'm not betting on that happening anytime soon. 

Well, Christophe Gans said he knows about Bloober Team developing a remake of SH2, which came about due to Capcom having success with their RE remakes. Not that I care much for them personally. 

Also, Bloober Team themselves said some time ago that they are working on a famous IP that just so happens to be licensed to Konami. So people were quick to think it was indeed SH, as well, it couldn't really be anything else.

Then there was the on and off rumours from Dusk Golem, and the copyright takedown notice he received over the summer. And I know he gets a bad rap occasionally over making minor mistakes. But I trust him over people like Dan Allen Gaming on YouTube, who as you know, was recently exposed as a fraud on Twitter under the alternative pseudonym, "TheRealInsider."

This is a link to an article, mentioning the interview that Gans gave out not too long ago, where he basically admitted he knows about multiple games being worked on. 

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/games/multiple-silent-hill-games-in-the-works-says-director.html