Register Now
melanie_marie27

Would you eat fast food every day if it was good for you?

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It will be much on me, the restaurant foods are quite expensive here in my demographic of I go for those quality and tasty ones that meets my need. I rather cook those delicious meals on my own and cut down expenses.ย 

That's a wise choice, plus, you can make something like a casserole and have it last for days. Maybe at least 3-4 days. Healthy and affordable.

McDonald's is good the first time around. But warming it up for later...not so good.

Taco Bell, yes. Just don't microwave the nachos (soft).

Yeah, I grew up on McDonald's, so I can't help but 'loving it,' as the company slogan says. Plus, I'm spoiled by our local food delivery service, Grab, which means I got to have McDonald's very often delivered right to my doorstep. It's expensive, costing $20-$30 per meal (paying for two), but convenient.

I got kinda tired of the meals after having it for two weeks straight though, so I'm not sure if I'd bother eating fast food everyday even if it's healthy for me. If it's different fast food chains aside from just McDonald's alone though, maybe, but our KFC here doesn't cook their chicken well (you could find blood in them often), and the burgers and fries of other fast food chains just don't taste as good as McDonald's. I know McDonald's food doesn't have the best reputation in America, but the Singaporean McDonald's isn't just tastier, but a lot less disgusting too. It tastes fresh most of the time unless it's delivered at night (when they bring out the leftovers sitting in storage throughout the day).

On 9/24/2022 at 5:37 AM, melanie_marie27 said:

That's a wise choice, plus, you can make something like a casserole and have it last for days. Maybe at least 3-4 days. Healthy and affordable.

McDonald's is good the first time around. But warming it up for later...not so good.

Taco Bell, yes. Just don't microwave the nachos (soft).

You talking about your local restaurants right? here in my locality food is too expensive, unless you're either of Jeff or Elon, before you can comfortably spend money on those restaurants to eat quality food. As a salary earner, I can't continue warning down my earnings on those expensive dishes, unless I want to trek for life.ย 

On 9/25/2022 at 11:38 AM, Akun said:

Yeah, I grew up on McDonald's, so I can't help but 'loving it,' as the company slogan says. Plus, I'm spoiled by our local food delivery service, Grab, which means I got to have McDonald's very often delivered right to my doorstep. It's expensive, costing $20-$30 per meal (paying for two), but convenient.

I got kinda tired of the meals after having it for two weeks straight though, so I'm not sure if I'd bother eating fast food everyday even if it's healthy for me. If it's different fast food chains aside from just McDonald's alone though, maybe, but our KFC here doesn't cook their chicken well (you could find blood in them often), and the burgers and fries of other fast food chains just don't taste as good as McDonald's. I know McDonald's food doesn't have the best reputation in America, but the Singaporean McDonald's isn't just tastier, but a lot less disgusting too. It tastes fresh most of the time unless it's delivered at night (when they bring out the leftovers sitting in storage throughout the day).

That's good. I'll tell you one gross thing they've been doing lately here at Mc's.. adding tons of this "salt and pepper" mix to the burgers.

I now have to say "1 plain McDouble with NO salt or pepper please." Really, I just mean the pepper. I didn't know it was a salt and pepper mix and trust me, it ruins the whole taste.

As for a favorite place, mine is a toss up. My 3 favorites (in no particular order) are Subway, Popeye's, and Long John Silvers. LJS is definitely the least healthy one due to all the grease and batter. Subway can actually be really healthy, depending on what you get. Popeye's is just plain awesome.

Another I LOVE is Waffle House. I don't know if they really count as fast food, but their breakfast is second place to home made. For restaurants, they can't be beat.

As for would I do it every day if it was healthy, the answer is a solid no. I don't want to eat the same damn thing day in, day out. I like a little variety.

Either way though, nothing beats home cooked.

fast food can be highly crave-able and addicting. During the pandemic, I was ordering out twice as much as I use to, and even though I was still working out, I could feel it taking a toll on my body. Nowadays I only eat it on my chest days on the weekends; I eat pretty healthy during the week, making use of the air fryer to cook chicken breast and salmon with vegetables and rice

When I was living alone, I ate restaurant foods for two consecutive weeks before taking back and finding a means to prepare food on my own and reducing expenses. I don't know how to cook, but I learned to cook somewhat by force, because I was spending more than I earn buying restaurant foods.ย 

No I would not. I never really fancied fast food apart from the fact that they are unhealthy. I like to enter the kitchen and prepare a nice meal for myself, after eating Iโ€™ll feel satisfied.ย 
Junks donโ€™t give me that kind of satisfaction.ย