Register Now
melanie_marie27

Do you use your PC to watch movies more than TV?

I still use my TV (even though it sometimes "pops" on and off when my room gets too hot.) 😕 I love my TV, I just got really used to it and even though everyone is getting bigger and bigger screens, I've stuck with mine throughout the years.

I couldn't use my PC to watch much of anything, it's simply too old.

Which do you use more for watching movies.. PC of TV?

I watch series/movies on my TV. I hate the cramped feeling of sitting by the computer just to watch stuff, it always feels like I have to be in "battlestation"-mode and for the same reason I almost exclusively play PC games when they're only available there, like MMOs for instance. I much prefer relaxing in the couch watching something on a large screen, or playing with a controller.

I do this quite often because my gaming chair setup is just a lot more comfortable than my 4K mounted TV setup. The TV's tilted in a way that I couldn't relax as comfortably. Still, I try to watch movies on my TV as often as I can because it's 4K after all, and I want my movie experience to have that kind of awesome visuals.

17 hours ago, melanie_marie27 said:

Sounds fun. So you use your phone for work, and then take breaks to watch stuff in between and talk to your friends.. Thanks Kane99

Sometimes I use my phone for work, but I will often be working and have a video on my other screen. I currently have a three screen setup for my PC. My main one is used for general use, work, etc. My second monitor is mostly used for video/screensharing from discord, etc. Third screen is mostly meant for Discord itself. 

I don't work much on my phone unless I'm away from my PC or not home. I used to work more on my phone, but got tired of doing that, so don't do it as much anymore. 

On 9/25/2022 at 7:37 PM, Kane99 said:

I use both. These days I probably use my PC more for movies and TV than my actual TV. Main reason why is because I'm on it more often for work and hanging out. I watch movies almost every night with my friends, otherwise I'm gaming. 

I guess you make use of your PC most times from what you said. The TV is just there for visitors to your place and nothing more on it. 

My TV is mainly for video games, while my phone enables me to do my online gigs. When I need something to print out, I go use a desktop. In the past, my cousin used to allow me play around his PC, and I used it also for gaming and not watching movies. I've been a fan of gaming than watching movies. 

Everything I watch is either some kind of streaming, YouTube, or DVD's. Primarily it's YouTube. I'm a bit of an addict. I stream a few shows on Hulu. Right now I'm binging on Forged In Fire. I've always wanted to learn blacksmithing, and this show is at least giving me something of it.