Register Now
melanie_marie27

Does anybody save their old iPhone (s) ?

I was just wondering, I know many people re-sell them and then people buy them used.

Mine is old, and I kept it. It does something strange. It shows "dead battery".. and it's completely useless. Won't work at all, let alone turn on. Then in a couple days, it magically comes back to life, 100% charged.

And I get to text again. 😂 For awhile at least. It's a keeper.

Most of the Apple Products I've owned over the years have all been sold but the difference is mine were still in good working condition. Sometimes, the timing may be right to change devices and I just took those opportunities. That being said, I haven't owned an Iphone since the Iphone X which my brother gave me and I sold it after two years.  

Somewhere around here I still have my iPhone 5. I don't honestly know where. When I got my first real cell phone, it was one of those slider phones that had a full keyboard under the main phone face. I specifically wanted that one because I thought it would make texting easier. That wasn't the case. By "real cell phone" that means that my first one was a TracFone. Or "burner cell" as they're typically called now.

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Only the shop owners who are mobile phone technicians can buy such kind of iPhone from you. They'll buy the old and unstable device from you and pay you when the feel they can revive the phone or use some of it's items to fix another. 

True - But there are videos on Youtube (reliable ones) that can show you how to replace certain components. The advantage they have is they possess the tools to both diagnose and repair or remove the good parts to sell/use.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

True - But there are videos on Youtube (reliable ones) that can show you how to replace certain components. The advantage they have is they possess the tools to both diagnose and repair or remove the good parts to sell/use.

I understand your point bro, but when you don't have the technicality, you'll find it difficult to implement those steps learned watching YouTube tutorial video for that part. To make it easy, take it to a phone technician that needs such kind of electronic, and sell to the dealer and recoup some money. 

I have many old iPhones that we have kept that either myself or my kids no longer use as we have upgraded to a newer phone but I always keep them regardless as you never know when you may need them. It was lucky as my youngest his phone packed up a few weeks before Christmas and even though he was getting a new phone for Christmas, he was able to go back to one of the old iPhones for those few weeks so he still had a phone that worked. 

I don't own any iphones, but I have kept most of my previous android phones. I'm thinking about making a couple of them into second webcams, and use them for streaming means in the future. Idk what exactly I'll do yet, but I want to see if I can do anything fun with them. 

I've kept all my old phones except for my very first phone which was a Samsung Glide. I didn't get a iPhone until 2018, but I still own my first iPhone which was a iPhone SE. It still works just fine, I just wanted to have a bigger phone so I switched to the iPhone 7S and now I've got a XR. I also have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and S7, the S2 doesn't power on at all anymore nor does it charge so it's dead. The S7 still works but the battery drains fast and the phone runs slow.

Interesting that you should be thing subject up. I do keep some of my old iPhones depending on my financial circumstances mostly for nostalgia purposes. If they are worth a lot in the years to come, then I’ve certainly made a profit. I think the latter is for mint condition though