Register Now
The Blackangel

Coincidences between your real life and videogames

I have been thinking about this for a while, and the curiosity finally got to me enough that I have to ask. Does anyone have any kind of coincidence that mirrors a game? For example here where I live it's heavily redneck. But that's not the thing. There's the towns of Blackwater, Valentine, and Rhodes very close to where I live. Now, I know Rockstar didn't look at where I live for inspiration for RDR2. But It's an eerie and interesting coincidence. There's St Louis, but no St Denis as far as I know. I find it really weird that one of my all time favorite games would have something so close to real life for me in it.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? And I'm not wanting to know about games that are intentionally made to mirror your area. Fictional games are what I'm wanting to hear about. It can have elements of real life, but not entirely real life.

Not really. I mean some games have made me think of real life experiences and some have reminded me of my home and where I live. Like RDR2 for example. Riding around at times, I wonder what the life was like for people that live in my hometown. Like, is this what they saw when they would ride their horses back in the day. 

Idk. I can't say for certain if there was anything else, but maybe something else will come to mind. 

Back when the first Sims was a thing, I noticed that when I played it a lot it really gave me the sense that my life had as little spare time in it as the Sims'; school/homework/chores/eating/hygiene leaving room for, like, one hobby. (Spending too much time playing Sims was actively consuming hobby time, of course, but playing other video games didn't make me feel that way about my life.)

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Back when the first Sims was a thing, I noticed that when I played it a lot it really gave me the sense that my life had as little spare time in it as the Sims'; school/homework/chores/eating/hygiene leaving room for, like, one hobby. (Spending too much time playing Sims was actively consuming hobby time, of course, but playing other video games didn't make me feel that way about my life.)

The Sims kinda puts things in perspective. I get that feeling too, why play a game that's so similar to real life, taking your hobby time over to play it, and then realizing that you may already do this in real life. 

But yeah, I played the Sims 3 for a while, and I didn't feel the same way you did, but I did think about how I'm playing this game, when I could be doing something more productive ya know. But still, it's a fun game to play. 

13 hours ago, Empire said:

After a while, you just feel like I should pay far more attention to my real life. It's literally like a second life...

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The Sims kinda puts things in perspective. I get that feeling too, why play a game that's so similar to real life, taking your hobby time over to play it, and then realizing that you may already do this in real life. 

But yeah, I played the Sims 3 for a while, and I didn't feel the same way you did, but I did think about how I'm playing this game, when I could be doing something more productive ya know. But still, it's a fun game to play. 

Exactly, It makes you feel like you're wasting time doing all these things in-game when your life would benefit far more from getting those tasks done. It's the main reason I got so bored of the Sims so quickly.

I haven't experienced that in a real the only closest video game to reality coincidence is when I predicted the out come of the 2016 UEFA champions league competition through my own personal results I got from playing that sane competition on FIFA 16.