Register Now
killamch89

Ubisoft Quartz NFTs Failed So Badly They're Now Pretending It Was Only For Research

An outcome that surprised no one else but Ubisoft execs, Ubisoft's Quartz NFTs failed miserably to the point they're trying to play it off as something they did "only for research". A "it's just a prank bro" tactic if we want to be a bit more accurate. Is there anyone at all that's surprised that this failed miserably?

They're realizing that NFTs are a dying fad that isn't going to get better. I believe it was for research, but I also believe they wanted it to be a success so that they could utilzie NFTs in their digital space. 

And I'm not surprised. It makes sense that it failed. Gamers don't want NFTs in their games and developers don't seem to get that. 

Very inspiring performance from hardcore gamers, this might end up being the one thing that never gets normalized by videogame companies! However, we're all gonna have to keep a look out just in case Ubisoft decides to try again in full force.

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

They're realizing that NFTs are a dying fad that isn't going to get better. I believe it was for research, but I also believe they wanted it to be a success so that they could utilzie NFTs in their digital space. 

And I'm not surprised. It makes sense that it failed. Gamers don't want NFTs in their games and developers don't seem to get that. 

Just a year back they said they were going to go all in on NFTs and that was when the NFT market was in a far better place so it's not research as they want you to believe.

I wouldn't they fail, even when the biggest NFT marketplace "Opensea" is facing torrid time via NFT trades around their marketplace. The decline in trades have seen a massive downtime with a percentage loss of 60% from Q2 earlier this year when compared to their progress in latest Q3 update. So, definitely most of them who invested into NFTs for profit saw decline in their digital assets. 

On 9/28/2022 at 8:01 PM, killamch89 said:

Just a year back they said they were going to go all in on NFTs and that was when the NFT market was in a far better place so it's not research as they want you to believe.

I wouldn't even go that far. NFTs outside of gaming were kinda popular, but once it got into the gaming side, it kinda slowed down to a crawl. And now with all of these companies jumping on board and then realizing there's no money there, so they back track and act like it was all a test. I'm sure it was a test, but it's a failed test and I hope NFTs stay out of gaming altogether. We don't need NFTs to buy digital items. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I wouldn't they fail, even when the biggest NFT marketplace "Opensea" is facing torrid time via NFT trades around their marketplace. The decline in trades have seen a massive downtime with a percentage loss of 60% from Q2 earlier this year when compared to their progress in latest Q3 update. So, definitely most of them who invested into NFTs for profit saw decline in their digital assets. 

If the market that they invested on is facing a tough time, would you call that a success? Ubisoft Quartz was a big failure and they can't even openly admit that it was a big project that they had hopes on.

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That is a failure - the whole market is struggling so why would you invest so heavily in it in the first place. That is poor decision making and now they've lost a lot from trying to make headway in a market that is demonized even in its own industry.

13 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

If the market that they invested on is facing a tough time, would you call that a success? Ubisoft Quartz was a big failure and they can't even openly admit that it was a big project that they had hopes on.

I totally agree with this - it shows how naïve their leaders are to try and profit from a market that's unlikely to recover from the whole Crypto fallout. That shows there was no proper research done and we see other gaming companies also making the same mistake.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That is a failure - the whole market is struggling so why would you invest so heavily in it in the first place. That is poor decision making and now they've lost a lot from trying to make headway in a market that is demonized even in its own industry.

That's an unplanned kind of investment, they didn't analyse expertly how profit gonna come into the their NFT investment before going into it. You don't just throw money into an investment because you've seen lots of users making raves around such investment option. When I analysed NFT critically, I noticed that it is profitable for those making the arts and selling for big money regardless of the value it will fetch in the future. For those buying those arts aren't guaranteed of profit, they're suffering from massive loses at the moment due to dip in price of most NFTs at the moment. 

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I totally agree with this - it shows how naïve their leaders are to try and profit from a market that's unlikely to recover from the whole Crypto fallout. That shows there was no proper research done and we see other gaming companies also making the same mistake.

I saw something like this online and you begin to wonder how much Ubisoft Quartz has lost as a result of making some bold moves in the NFT market. 

Screenshot_20221006-221643_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.07e9479efe048f2d32937d0634fbac02.jpg

On 10/7/2022 at 5:44 AM, Justin11 said:

@Ajibusu, this is a complete loss, he can't recover this type of investment. Bitcoin investment is even better off than this so-called NFTs, at least you wouldn't lose like this. 

Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency with the most value and is used most frequently in real-world transactions.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency with the most value and is used most frequently in real-world transactions.

I was interested in NFT's a bit but at some point I was too moved by what is it's benefits in the coming years which is why I never even thought about investing in it.

On 10/7/2022 at 11:44 AM, Justin11 said:

@Ajibusu, this is a complete loss, he can't recover this type of investment. Bitcoin investment is even better off than this so-called NFTs, at least you wouldn't lose like this. 

You can lose in Bitcoin as long as you don't follow the market trends. So, it is still a big issue as long as cryptocurrency is concerned.