Register Now
StaceyPowers

What’s the longest it ever took you to download and install a game?

Most games tend to download pretty fast, whether it be on my Xbox one or PC. I'd say most games these days may take a few hours to download and then install. For games like Call of Duty, it could take even longer. Especially when they have you download so much content. 

I can't remember but I would say it has taken me a good two hours to download around a 3gb game once back in 2013 😛 I was using mobile internet stick to my PC and not had any connection to the house for that amount of time I lived there. well, the box was full and no spot left to add me. 

Then again back then I Was buying games on dics 🙂 

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Most games tend to download pretty fast, whether it be on my Xbox one or PC. I'd say most games these days may take a few hours to download and then install. For games like Call of Duty, it could take even longer. Especially when they have you download so much content. 

True - the COD games tend to be like 150GB upwards nowadays which is absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention these 30+ GB updates like what the heck?

It doesn't happen so much now that I have faster internet and I am on a more up to date console, but I remember back in I think it was 2015, I downloaded a COD game on my then PlayStation 4 and I remember it went so slow that I had to leave it to just download and install overnight. I can't remember if it was because my internet wasn't the greatest or if it was a time that everyone would have been downloading it so it was causing the download to be slower than usual. That is the last game I ever remember downloading and installing that took so long I had to just let it run whilst I slept.

3 hours ago, Tonberry said:

Final Fantasy 11 on Xbox 360 took ~12 hours to download, install, and update in 2008. Then it crashed at like 90%...:classic_blink:

That's half a day, was the crash a general Xbox fault or was it just from your own console.

I can only imagine how frustrating that would be after waiting for 12 hours and and game still wasn't installed completely.

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's half a day, was the crash a general Xbox fault or was it just from your own console.

I can only imagine how frustrating that would be after waiting for 12 hours and and game still wasn't installed completely.

Something to do with connection if I remember correctly.

I misremembered the date btw, it must've been early 2010, because the game was on its way out, and the servers were never quite stable. I remember me and my friend mostly said F it and carried on playing something else haha, we had had just bought it for fun for like 8 bucks anyway :)

1 hour ago, Tonberry said:

Something to do with connection if I remember correctly.

I misremembered the date btw, it must've been early 2010, because the game was on its way out, and the servers were never quite stable. I remember me and my friend mostly said F it and carried on playing something else haha, we had had just bought it for fun for like 8 bucks anyway 🙂

I guess that was the games worth back then because I don't think you can get any video game currently for less than 10 buck.