Register Now
NightmareFarm

Hades fans, sell me on Hades

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I like how  beating a level gives you options to choose which level you would like to get in next and the benefits of beating that level.

I like straight forward game play where you know where you are going and how you could get there, less puzzles , maybe a few difficult bosses but nothing as hard as what you find in dark souls or sekiro shadows die twice.

Hades give the player a better Layout of what to expect in the next level. This is something that I truly love about the game. It is also not difficult to beat the bosses as long as you have enough strength. 

On 10/21/2022 at 9:30 AM, Justin11 said:

I like how  beating a level gives you options to choose which level you would like to get in next and the benefits of beating that level.

I like straight forward game play where you know where you are going and how you could get there, less puzzles , maybe a few difficult bosses but nothing as hard as what you find in dark souls or sekiro shadows die twice.

There's no puzzles, the game is completely straightforward. You just beat dungeons back to back until the bosses. No exploration.

The bosses are hard but it gradually gets easier the more experience you get with each run and the more darkness you collect which gives you permanent buffs.

My advice is to max life as much as possible, max out death defiance(permanent buff which revies you after you die), just use the spear and spam melee poke from a distance. If possible get the upgrade which gives you three stabs rather than run and the rapid fire stab upgrade which takes away the spin attack and slap a good elemental boon on it and you're set. I beat the game in 15 tries with this method. 

On 10/22/2022 at 8:37 PM, NightmareFarm said:

There's no puzzles, the game is completely straightforward. You just beat dungeons back to back until the bosses. No exploration.

The bosses are hard but it gradually gets easier the more experience you get with each run and the more darkness you collect which gives you permanent buffs.

My advice is to max life as much as possible, max out death defiance(permanent buff which revies you after you die), just use the spear and spam melee poke from a distance. If possible get the upgrade which gives you three stabs rather than run and the rapid fire stab upgrade which takes away the spin attack and slap a good elemental boon on it and you're set. I beat the game in 15 tries with this method. 

15 tries is quite a lot and it reminds of when I got the dark souls 3 it took me a whole lot of time to get used to it and the bosses were only getting difficult even though I set the game to intermediate.

I enjoy a good challenge though and maybe this could just be a better mix of both challenge and an enjoyable game play.